|Type of site||Digital publishing|
|Created by||Michael Hansen, Ruben Bjerg Hansen, Mikkel Jensen, and Martin Ferro-Thomsen|
|Alexa rank||444 (April 2014[update])|
Issuu is a free digital publishing site that attempts to simulate the experience of reading a print publication online. As a digital newsstand with over 14 million magazines and 70 million active readers, Issuu features leading and emerging titles in fashion, culture, arts, and hyperlocal content, all of which are accessible on any device. Issuu software is used by many online publications. Some of its partners include the New York Times, VICE, and V Magazine.
Issuu was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 2006 by Michael Hansen, Ruben Bjerg Hansen, Mikkel Jensen, and Martin Ferro-Thomsen, a self-avowed group of “mad geeks with a love of the publishing industry.”
Bent on democratizing print media, the company gave both aspiring and established publishers the chance to create their own digital magazines without sacrificing the aesthetic and tactile experience of print. The company was founded in 2006.
In 2008, the site was a SXSW finalist. In 2009, Issuu was named one of TIME’s 50 Best Websites and listed as a Webby Awards honoree. In early 2013, the company opened an office in Palo Alto, California and appointed CEO Joe Hyrkin, formerly of Reverb, Trinity Ventures, and Yahoo, to helm its Silicon Valley operations.
- Issuu Reader
- Storage & Privacy
- Distribution network
- Site Integration
Many publications, such as PDFs and scans of Russian magazines, are anonymously uploaded to issuu.com without regard to copyright.
- "Issuu.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Company Overview of Issuu, Inc." Businessweek Retrieved on December 3, 2013.
- Headley, Jennifer. "Issuu Updates Digital Publishing Platform: Marries the Beauty Of Print with the Power of Digital" Wall Street Journal / PRNewswire May 29, 2013. Retrieved on December 3, 2013.
- Kurutz, Steven. "The Thriving (Online) Shelter Magazine Industry" NY Times June 1, 2011. Retrieved on December 3, 2013.
- "Issuu for publishers". Issuu.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "About Issuu". Issuu.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Fisher, Adam (2009-08-24). "Issuu - 50 Best Websites 2009 - TIME". Content.time.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Issuu". Blogs.lsa.umich.edu. 2010-12-03. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Reid, Calvin (2013-09-16). "Fast Growing Issuu Appoints Joe Hyrkin CEO". Publishersweekly.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Issuu Features". Issuu.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Anna Petrova". ISSUU. Retrieved 2014-03-06.