Type of site
|Created by||Michael Hansen, Ruben Bjerg Hansen, Mikkel Jensen, and Martin Ferro-Thomsen|
|444 (April 2014[update])|
issuu (//) is a free electronic publishing platform for magazines, catalogs, newspapers and more. As a digital newsstand with over 18 million publications and 80 million active readers, issuu features leading and emerging titles in fashion, culture, arts, and hyperlocal content, all of which are accessible on any device. Issuu software is used by many online publications. Some of its partners include The New York Times, Vice, and V Magazine.
|This section requires expansion with: update recent history. (September 2014)|
Bent on democratizing print media, the company gave both aspiring and established publishers the chance to create their own digital magazines without sacrificing the aesthetic and tactile experience of print. The company was founded in 2006.
In 2014, issuu released Clip, a tool that allows readers to take a snapshot of any part of a publication and share that on social media or through email.
- Issuu Reader
- Storage & Privacy
- Distribution network
- Site Integration
|This section requires expansion. (September 2014)|
Many publications, such as PDFs and scans of Russian magazines, are anonymously uploaded to issuu.com without regard to copyright.
- "Issuu.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Company Overview of Issuu, Inc.". Issuu. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Issuu Brings Its 'YouTube For Magazines' To The iPhone And iPad". Issuu. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- Kurutz, Steven. "The Thriving (Online) Shelter Magazine Industry" NY Times June 1, 2011. Retrieved on December 3, 2013.
- "Issuu for publishers". Issuu.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "About Issuu". Issuu.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Canadian Contractor". Issuu. OutRank by Rogers. March–April 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- Calore, Michael (14 March 2010). "Gowalla Tops Foursquare at SXSW Web Awards (But Benson Smokes ‘em All)". Wired. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- Fisher, Adam (2009-08-24). "Issuu - 50 Best Websites 2009 - TIME". Content.time.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Issuu". Blogs.lsa.umich.edu. 2010-12-03. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Reid, Calvin (2013-09-16). "Fast Growing Issuu Appoints Joe Hyrkin CEO". Publishersweekly.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Issuu launches Clip to help users and publishers share the best of its 16m publications". The Next Webb. Retrieved 2014-10-17.
- "Issuu Features". Issuu.com. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- "Anna Petrova". ISSUU. Retrieved 2014-03-06.
- Kolodny, Lora (July 14, 2014). "Venture Capital Dispatch: Issuu Raises $10M to Become ‘YouTube’ for Catalogs, Magazines". The Wall Street Journal - Digital.
- Official website
- Issuu staff photography choices
- Sample Issuu document
- ePaperFlip Digital Publishing