Kiss the Sky (Jimi Hendrix album)
|Kiss the Sky|
|Compilation album by Jimi Hendrix|
|Producer||Chip Branton, Alan Douglas, Kevin Laffey|
|Jimi Hendrix chronology|
Kiss the Sky is a compilation album by American rock guitarist, singer–songwriter Jimi Hendrix; released through Polydor Records in November 1984. The album's title is taken from the lyrics of "Purple Haze." "Red House" was listed in the liner notes as the "unedited version" which amounted to a few seconds of studio chat that preceded the song. "Stepping Stone" was purported to be the original Band of Gypsys single mix, but in fact is an alternate mix that is very, very close to the single mix. "Killing Floor" from the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival was unreleased at the time.
- "Are You Experienced?"
- "I Don't Live Today" (live)
- "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)"
- "Stepping Stone"
- "Castles Made of Sand"
- "Killing Floor" (live)
- "Purple Haze"
- "Red House"
- "Crosstown Traffic"
- "Third Stone from the Sun"
- "All Along the Watchtower"
- Jimi Hendrix – guitars, lead vocals, backing vocals on track 9, bass on track 11
- Noel Redding – bass
- Mitch Mitchell – drums
- Billy Cox – bass on track 4
- Buddy Miles – drums on track 4
- Track 2 recorded at San Diego Sports Arena, San Diego, California, on May 24, 1969
- Track 6 recorded live at the Monterey Pop Festival on June 18, 1967