Kolkata Port (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||23. Kolkata Dakshin|
|Electoral system||First past the post|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 158 Kolkata Port (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Ward Nos. 75, 76, 78 to 80 and 133 to 135 of Kolkata municipal corporation.
In the 2011 elections, Firhad Hakim (Bobby) of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Moinuddin Shams of AIFB.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Kolkata Port |
|Forward Bloc||Moinuddin Sams||38,833|
|Independent||Ram Pyare Ram||22,131|
|BJP||Raj Kumari Shaw||2,699|
|Independent||Sanjay Lal Das||2,046|
Ram Pyare Ram, contesting as an independent, was a rebel Congress candidate.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||0||6|
|Rashtriya Janata Dal||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 3, constituencies abolished – 10
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Kolkata Port". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Kolkata Port. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Kolkata Port. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Fair-&-free chant in red and green camps - Congress suspends six more rebel candidates". The Telegraph, 19 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-01.