|Divisions||Fr. Lürssen Werft
Lürssen Schacht-Audorf (Rendsburg)
Lürssen designs and constructs yachts, naval ships and special vessels. Trading as Lürssen Yachts, it is one of the leading builders of custom superyachts such as Paul Allen's Octopus, David Geffen's Rising Sun, and Azzam, the largest private yacht in the world at 180m in length.
Naval ships built by Lürssen include:
- Many E boats of World War II, based on Lürssen's design for Otto Hermann Kahn's private yacht Oheka II
- World War II R boat minesweepers, including the first minesweeper (1929) fitted with a Voith Schneider propeller (R8)
- Jaguar class fast attack craft
- Seeadler class fast attack craft
- Zobel class fast attack craft
- Intrepida class fast attack craft
- Tiger class fast attack craft
- Frankenthal class mine hunter
- Kılıç class fast attack missile corvette
Lursen-S was the name of a Soviet counter-espionage operation of the late 1940s/early 1950s that infiltrated and compromised Operation Jungle, an MI6 program that used Lürssen E-boats to insert British-trained Baltic agents into the Soviet Union.
- Daniel Fisher (2013-04-05). "German Shipyard Launches World's Largest Private Yacht At 591 Feet". Forbes.
- Official homepage
- List of Naval vessels as built by Lürssen GmbH
- Yachts built by Lürssen - SYT
- Some Lürssen's yachts videos
- Yacht Vive la Vie
- Lürssen honored with the ‘Motor Yacht of the Year Award’ at the World Superyacht Awards 2010 in London for The 60m motor yacht Arkley
- Details on Lürssen - Super Yacht details
|This German corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|