|Genres||Urban fantasy, thriller|
Larry Correia is a New York Times bestselling fantasy novelist. His first novel, Monster Hunter International, despite being self-published reached the Entertainment Weekly bestseller list in April 2008, after which he received a publishing contract with Baen Books. Monster Hunter International was re-released in 2009 and was on the Locus bestseller list in November 2009. The sequel, Monster Hunter Vendetta, was a New York Times bestseller. The third book in the series, Monster Hunter Alpha, was released in July 2011 and was also a New York Times bestseller. Correia was a finalist for the John W. Campbell award for best new science fiction/fantasy writer of 2011. The Dead Six series started as an online action fiction collaboration with Mike Kupari (Nightcrawler) at the online gun forum "The High Road" as the "Welcome Back Mr Nightcrawler" series of posts. These works predated the publishing of Monster Hunter.
Correia's works tend to include monsters, such as vampires, werewolves, etc., as well as a strong magical theme. They are action-oriented and notable for the amount of and accuracy in detail of their firearms usage.
Located in Utah, Correia now spends his time as a writer and accountant, as well a part-time firearms instructor.
His novels are the following:
Monster Hunters series
- Monster Hunter International (ISBN 0-74144-456-9, Infinity Publishing, December 2007; republished, ISBN 978-1-43913-285-2, Baen Books, July 2009)
- Monster Hunter Vendetta (ISBN 1-43913-391-3, Baen Books, September 2010)
- Monster Hunter Alpha (ISBN 1-43913-458-8, Baen Books, August 2011)
- Monster Hunter Legion (ISBN 978-1-4516-3796-0, Baen Books, September 2012)
- Monster Hunter Nemesis (planned, Baen Books, Summer 2014)
- Monster Hunter Guardian (planned, Baen Books)
- Monster Hunter Omega (planned, Baen Books)
- "Tanya: Princess of the Elves" (a short side story set during Monster Hunter International)
The Grimnoir Chronicles
- "Detroit Christmas" (a short story prequel set a short time before Hard Magic)
- Hard Magic (ISBN 1-43913-434-0, Baen Books, May 2011)
- Spellbound (ISBN 1-45163-775-6, Baen Books, November 2011)
- Warbound (ISBN13 978-1-4516-3908-7, Baen Books, August 2013)
Dead Six series
- Dead Six (with Mike Kupari) (ISBN 1-45163-758-6, Baen Books, September 2011)
- Swords of Exodus (with Mike Kupari) (ISBN 978-1-47673-611-2, Baen Books, September 2013)
- Project Blue (with Mike Kupari) (planned, Baen Books)
In addition to his novels, Correia has written a satirical Christmas story, "The Christmas (Noun)", and its sequel, "The Christmas Noun 2: The Nounening". He has recently written another sequel, "The Christmas (Noun) 3D: The Gritty Reboot", and published several short stories from Baen Books and the Crimson Pact. Larry also authored several shorts in the on-line series "Tom Stranger, Inter-dimensional Insurance Agent" that spawned the Combat Wombat developed by Correiatech in another dimension.
Samples for all novels and satires are available on his blog, Monster Hunter Nation.
- "Best Sellers: Paperback Mass-Market Fiction". The New York Times. 17 October 2010. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- "Best Sellers: Paperback Mass-Market Fiction". The New York Times. 14 August 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- correia45 (5 July 2011). "Awesome news". Monster Hunter Nation. Retrieved 20 November 2011.
- Available in Free Short Stories 2011
- Available in Free Short Stories 2011
- "Sample Chapters & Short Stories". Monster Hunter Nation.
- "Monster Hunter Nation". Larry Correia (official site).
- "Posts Tagged ‘larry correia’". John Brown - the author's official site.
- "Larry Correia Official Publisher Page". Simon & Schuster.
- Hubbard, Stephen (7 January 2011). "Monster Hunter International by Larry Correia". Bookreporter.
- "Reservist, best-selling author team up for action-thriller". USAF. 12 March 2012.