||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Swedish Wikipedia. (January 2013)|
Lill Lindfors in Stavanger, Norway 26 March 2009.
|Birth name||Maj Lillemor Lindfors|
20 May 1940 |
|Genres||Jazz, Schlager, Folk|
She debuted as a revue actress in Uddevalla in 1960 and the following year as a recording artist. In the most recent decades, Lindfors has been known in Scandinavia for her "one-woman shows" in which she mixes music with a lot of comedy. She was one of the first artists who sang samba in Sweden, and she was also one of the first Swedish performers who did stand-up comedy in her shows.
- Eurovision Song Contest
She was a presenter at the 1985 Eurovision Song Contest in Gothenburg, Sweden, and was most famous for suffering a wardrobe malfunction live, during the contest, after passing through a part of the elaborate set. She later admitted it was a gag, but that it had not been rehearsed beforehand. According to author John Kennedy O'Connor's book The Eurovision Song Contest - The Official History, the EBU was not pleased with this stunt. It remains one of the most iconic moments in the contest's history. She also performed "Musik skall byggas utav glädje" ("My Joy Is Building Bricks of Music") as the contest's major opener.
She has starred in several Swedish TV-shows which have been awarded in Montreaux.
In 1998, she became Sweden's Goodwill Ambassador to UNICEF.
She was married in 1969 to director Peter Wester, with whom she has one child. The couple divorced in 1973. She lives in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1964: Adam och Eva (with Owe Thörnqvist)
- 1967: Påsen (with Anders Linder)
- 1967: Du är den ende
- 1968: Kom i min värld
- 1970: Albin & Greta (with Svante Thuresson)
- 1970: Vi har varann
- 1970: Mellan dröm och verklighet
- 1971: Sång
- 1973: Kom igen!
|1976||En sång att ta hem||16|
|1978||Du är det varmaste jag har||2|
|1980||Och människor ser igen||34|
|1984||Jag vill nå dig||19|
|1986||Om du var här||27|
|2002||Ingen är så go' som du||15|
|2006||Här är den sköna sommaren||12|
|2013||Det bästa med Lill||17|
- 1966: "Du är den ende"
- 1967: "En sån karl"
- 1967: "Hör min samba"
- 1968: "En man i byrån"
- 1968: "Teresa"
- 1969: "Mellan dröm och verklighet"
- 1970: "Axel Öhman" (duet with Svante Thuresson)
- 1973: "Månskugga"
- 1973: "Sången han sjöng var min egen"
- 1978: "Om du nånsin kommer fram till Samarkand"
- 1978: "Tillsammans är ett sätt att finnas till"
- 1984: "Marias första dans"
- O'Connor, John Kennedy. The Eurovision Song Contest - The Official History. Carlton Books, UK. 2007. ISBN 978-1-84442-994-3
- "Lill Lindfors discography". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lill Lindfors.|
- Eurovision 1966 Information
- Eurovision 1985 Information
- Ms. Lindfors's official website
- Ms. Lindfors presenting the votes at the Eurovision Grand Prix (Youtube)
- Ms. Lindfors' wardrobe malfunction (Youtube)
|Eurovision Song Contest presenter
with "Absent Friend"
|Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest
(with Svante Thuresson)
with "Som en dröm"