List of Gold Coast suburbs
- This article is an expansion of a section titled Urban structure within the main article: Gold Coast, Queensland.
The list of Gold Coast suburbs includes a range of suburbs, localities, towns and rural districts in South East Queensland, Australia. The term "Gold Coast" refers to two different geographical areas—a closely populated and rapidly growing urban region stretching along about 41 kilometres (25 mi) of the Pacific coast from Coombabah in the north to Coolangatta on the New South Wales border in the south; or a local government area known as Gold Coast City which covers a much larger area extending north to the southern fringe of metropolitan Brisbane and west into the hinterland region. The latter has been amended several times since its creation in 1948, most dramatically by its amalgamation in 1994 with the Shire of Albert, and losing a section centred on Beenleigh north of the Albert River to Logan City in March 2008.
Suburbs and localities in Gold Coast City
Localities within suburbs
Former Suburbs and Localities
- Stephens - now part of Varsity Lakes
- Andrews - now part of Varsity Lakes and Robina. Robina Town Centre is located within former suburb area of Andrews.
- Moondewara - Located on South Stradbroke Island but lost into the sea with the northern migration of the Nerang River Estuary
- Shopping centres: see List of shopping centres in Australia: Gold Coast
- Surfing areas: see List of surfing areas on the Gold Coast
- Gold Coast Tourist Information Centre
- Gold Coast City Council - Gold Coast Suburbs listed with Divisions
- Gold Coast City Council - Heritage Tour
- Very GC - Places To Discover