List of Green Bay Packers retired numbers
The Green Bay Packers are an American football team in the National Football League. Since their founding in 1919, 5 players have had their uniform numbers officially retired. All 5 players are also in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Green Bay Packers retired numbers
HB, 1941-44, 1946-52
When Brett Favre retired from the Packers, the organization planned to retire the #4 in his honor. When he returned to football, this was put off. On August 3, 2014, the Packers organization announced the retirement of the No. 4 jersey and the induction of Favre into the Packers Hall of Fame in July 2015.
Paul Hornung's #5 was unofficially retired at the Packers' annual press party on July 10, 1967, although there has not been a ceremony to put his number on the wall of retired numbers at Lambeau Field.
In the 2013 training camp pre-season games, jersey #1 has been worn by rookie WR Alex Gillett, and #5 by rookie and WR Omarius Hines. QB Don Majkowski wore No. 5 his rookie season (1987) before switching to No. 7.
- "Green Bay Packers Team Page - NFL.com". NFL. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Retired Numbers - Packers.com". Green Bay Packers. Retrieved January 30, 2010.[dead link]
- "Pro Football Hall of Famers by Team". Pro Football Hall of Fame. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Bellamy, Jason. "Retired Numbers Added To Lambeau Field". Packers.com. Retrieved January 30, 2010.[dead link]
- Christl, Cliff. "No. 5 should hang on Lambeau wall". jsonline.com. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- Book: Packers by the Numbers, by John Maxymuk