Live at the L.A. Troubadour
|Live at the L.A. Troubadour|
|Live album by Fairport Convention|
|Recorded||4-6 September 1970|
|Fairport Convention chronology|
Live at the L.A. Troubadour along with its reissued counterpart House Full are the only live Fairport Convention albums to feature Richard Thompson. It was recorded in 1970 on the Full House tour and was reissued in 2007. Seven of the eight tracks are available on the House Full album with one ("Poor Will And The Jolly Hangman") being found only on this album.
- Side 1
- "Toss the Feathers" (Trad. Arr. Fairport Convention) 3'49" (The Lark un the Morning Medley)
- "Matty Groves" (Trad. Arr. Fairport Convention) 8'42"
- "Bonnie Kate" (Trad. Arr. Fairport Convention / Dave Swarbrick) 4'52" (Actually a medley with "Sir B. McKenzies")
- "Poor Will And The Jolly Hangman" (Richard Thompson / Dave Swarbrick) 5'23"
- Side 2
- "Sloth" (Richard Thompson / Dave Swarbrick) 11'43"
- "Banks of the Sweet Primroses" (Trad. Arr. Fairport Convention) 3'58"
- "Mason's Apron" (Trad. Arr. Fairport Convention) 6'14" (actually a medley of "Jenny's Chickens / Mason's Apron" )
- "Yellow Bird" (Marilyn Keith / Alan Bergman / Norman Luboff) 2'11"
- Richard Thompson Vocals, Electric Guitar
- Dave Swarbrick Vocals, Fiddle, Mandolin
- Simon Nicol Rhythm guitar, Mandolin
- Dave Pegg Bass Guitar, Mandolin, Backing Vocals
- Dave Mattacks Drums
- Linda Thompson Vocals (Side 1 Track 4)
- All except Track 4 recorded 4-6 September 1970 at the L.A. Troubadour, Los Angeles.
- Track 4 is actually an outtake from the " Full House" sessions with new vocals by Richard & Linda Thompson overdubbed in March 1975.
- UK (LP) Island Records HELP 28 (January 1977)
- AUSTRALIA (LP) Island Records L36090 (1977)
- GERMANY (LP) Island Records 28208 (1977)
- HOLLAND (LP) Island Records 28208 XAT (1977)
- NEW ZEALAND (LP) Island Records L36090 (1977)
- IRELAND (LP) Island Records HELP 28 (1977)
-  - Entry on "Beesweb" (Richard Thompson's Homepage)
-  - Entry from Expletive Delighted (Fairport Convention Fansite)