|Birth name||Lee Se-jin|
|Also known as||Lyn (린)|
1 November 1981 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea and International|
|Instruments||Guitar and bass piano|
|Labels||Good Entertainment (2003–2009)
Live Works Company (2009-2011)
Jun Music Co. (2011-2013)
|Revised Romanization||I Sejin|
Lyn was first scouted by an agency because of her voice and from there, she first made her debut under her real name, Lee Se-jin, and released an album. The album sold poorly and was barely known. Lyn then took some time off to train vocally. She made a comeback in 2002 under the name Lyn with her supposedly first album Have You Ever Have A Broken Heart?. It was very successful and was able to shoot her up to one of the top R&B female solo singer of the year. After a surprise two years hiatus, Lyn released her second album Can U See The Bright. The album was very successful, surpassing her previous album with her popular single, "사랑했잖아" (Used To Love). Due to its popularity, the song was eventually covered on another successful singer Lee Seung-gi's album, released in late 2006. Lyn released her third album, The Pride of the Morning, on March 7, 2007, and sold 15,358 copies in that month, placing second in the Music Industry Association of Korea's monthly chart. Again, it was a success and was once again reclaim her title as one of the best R&B female singer. Overall her album sold 25,171 copies. Lyn then released more albums afterwards, and did not become very successful, but in 2009 she made a comeback with her 5th album called 'Let Go, Let In, It's a New Day'. In early 2012, she released her 7th album title 'Love Fiction'.
In 2012, she sang "Back in Time" for the soundtrack of period drama Moon Embracing the Sun. She then sang "My Destiny" for My Love from the Star, for which she won "Best Original Soundtrack" at the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards in 2014. She is the first artist to win in the category.
- 2000: My First Confession
- 2002: Have You Ever Had Heart Broken?
- 2004: Can U See The Bright
- 2005: One And Only Feeling
- 2007: The Pride Of The Morning
- 2007: The Pride Of The Morning (Special Edition)
- 2009: Let Go, Let In, It's A New Day
- 2009: 6½ New Celebration
- 2010: 6th Part 2 'Candy Train'
- 2014: Le Grand Bleu
- 2011: Metro Sexy 7.
- 2012: LoveFiction
Awards and nominations
|2004||6th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best R&B Performance||"Used to Love"||Nominated|
|2012||14th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best OST||"Back in Time"||Nominated|
|5th Korea Drama Awards||Best OST||"Back in Time"||Won|
|2013||15th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best Vocal Performance||"Breakable Heart"||Nominated|
|2014||50th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best OST||"My Destiny"||Won|
|9th Seoul International Drama Awards||Outstanding Korean Drama OST||"My Destiny"||Won|
|6th MelOn Music Awards||Best OST||"My Destiny"||Won|
|16th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best OST||"My Destiny"||Won|
|Yahoo Asia Buzz Award||Top Searched Song Of The Year||"My Destiny"||Won|
|International Hallyu Awards||Best OST||"My Destiny"||Pending|
|Best Female Vocalist||"Lyn"||Pending|
|Best Ballad Artist||"Lyn"||Pending|
- "Lyn". 2006-07-18. Retrieved 2007-09-30.
- "Album Sales In The Month Of March". MIAK (in Korean). 2006-07-18. Archived from the original on 2007-07-08. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
- "Album Sales In The Month Of May". Recording Industry Association Korea (in Korean). 2006-07-18. Archived from the original on 2007-06-17. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
- "2007 Year-End Chart". Recording Industry Association Korea (in Korean). 2006-07-18. Archived from the original on 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2008-01-27.
- Lee, Yeonjeong (2012-03-15). "린 "린스러운 편안한 노래 담았죠"". Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (28 May 2014). "Jun Ji Hyun and Song Kang Ho Receive Highest Honors at the Baeksang Arts Awards". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- "Lyn and Lee Soo tie the knot with blessings from SISTAR, Ailee, Brown Eyed Girls, and more". Allkpop. September 19, 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "2004 MKMF part 1". Mwave. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
|This article about a South Korean singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|