|Born||Lynne Irene Bridges
1955 (age 59–60)
McComb, Mississippi, U.S.
|Residence||Kentwood, Louisiana, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Southeastern Louisiana University|
|Occupation||Grade school teacher, writer, daycare operator|
|Spouse(s)||James Parnell Spears (1975–2002)|
|Partner(s)||James Parnell Spears (2010-present)|
|Children||Bryan James (b. 1977)
Britney Jean (b. 1981)
Jamie Lynn Marie (b. 1991)
Early life and family
Spears was born in McComb, Mississippi, to English mother Lilian Irene Portell (1924–1993), and Barney O'Field Bridges (1919–1978), an American G.I.. In 1945, her parents met and married in Portell's native London. Spears's maternal great-grandfather, Edward Portelli, was a Maltese immigrant to the United Kingdom. Spears has an older brother, Barry "Sonny" Bridges (born 1951). Their older sister, Sandra Bridges Covington (1947–2007), died of ovarian cancer.
In 1975, she married James "Jamie" Spears. They were divorced in 2002 and reconciled in 2010. Jamie and Lynne Spears have three children: son Bryan James (born 1977) and daughters Britney Jean (born 1981) and Jamie Lynn (born 1991). They also have four grandchildren: grandsons Sean Preston Federline (born 2005) and Jayden James Federline (born 2006) from Britney and granddaughters Maddie Briann Aldridge (born 2008) from Jamie Lynn and Sophia Alexandra Spears (born 2011) from Bryan.
Later life and fame
Spears has co-written two books with her daughter Britney. The first, Heart to Heart, was published in 2000 as a biographical book about Britney. A Mother's Gift was a novel released in 2001 and has been adapted into a TV movie, Brave New Girl. A 2008 memoir, Through The Storm: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World, followed. Spears is a devout Christian, and openly discussed this in her memoir.
|Wikinews has related news: Dr. Phil's consultation meant to be private: Spears family|
- "Britney Spears Biography". Yahoo!. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- Britney Spears's newly discovered British family
- Ancestry of Her daughter, Including Lynne Spears.
- Spears, Lynne; Craker, Lorilee (2008). Through the Storm: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World. Tennessee: Thomas Nelson. p. 4. ISBN 1-59555-156-5.
- "Lynne Spears Visits Sister's Grave Amid Crisis". People.com. January 5, 2008. Retrieved January 5, 2008.
- "Lynne Spears Speaks: 'Just Say Prayers'". People. January 4, 2008. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- "Britney's Next Act". People. September 2, 2002. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- "Britney Spears's Divorced Parents Reconciling". People. November 15, 2010. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- "Report: Britney Spears' parents reconciling". MSNBC. November 16, 2010. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- "She's growing up so fast! Jamie Lynn Spears's daughter Maddie joins mom and Grandma Spears on a shopping trip". Daily Mail. May 7, 2012.
- "Britney Spears – Lynne Spears: 'Family Troubles Are In The Past'". contactmusic.com. October 9, 2008. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- "Lynne Spears to Write About "Dark Period of Britney's Life" in Memoir". Us Magazine. June 12, 2008. Archived from the original on July 14, 2008. Retrieved July 29, 2008.