Marlo Hoogstraten (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈmɑrloː ˈɦoːxstraːtə(n)]) is a DJ, and producer of electronic music. Hoogstraten is known as MaRLo in the music industry (with the mid-name capitalisation due to his repeated introduction as 'Mario' by radio DJs). Born in The Netherlands,'MaRLo currently resides in Australia. The music mixed and remixed by MaRLo rely heavily on electronic sounds. The primary influences for his music include trance, techno, and house music. MaRLo has signed productions to a number of trance and house super-labels such as Spinnin' Records, Armada, Black Hole Recordings and Flashover Recordings. In 2010 he was voted Australia's No. 2 Trance DJ and overall No. 11 in the Inthemix top 50 DJ Poll. While he once used hardware synthesizers (e.g. Roland JP-8000, Nord Lead, Korg Wavestation, Novation Supernova, etc.) MaRLo now produces music almost exclusively on his computer.
||The neutrality of this section is disputed. (May 2011)|
MaRLo is a Dutch born DJ and producer who now calls Australia home. The MaRLo sound is a signature blend of hands in the air moments with tech infused beats, encompassing influences of Trance, Techno, Tech-House and a mish mash of various other chunky sounds. MaRLo is not one to be pigeon holed, and his DJ sets can only be described as the "MaRLo sound". MaRLo's studio trickery has seen him sign productions to trance super-labels such as Armada, Spinnin Records, Blackhole recordings, Flashover and others. He is married to Jano, a trance singer who is known to have collaborated with many artists such as Armin van Buuren and Andrew Rayel.
- MaRLo feat. Christina Novelli - Hold It Together (Armind - Armada Music)
- MaRLo vs Fisherman & Hawkins – Forces (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- MaRLo feat. Jano - Haunted (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- MaRLo – The Future (Armada Captivating - Armada Music)
- MaRLo – Visions (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- MaRLo – Boom (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- Rex Mundi – Opera of Northern Ocean (MaRLo Remix) [Armada Music]
- Paul Webster feat. Angelic Amanda – Time (MaRLo Remix) [Armada Music]
- Solarstone – Pure (MaRLo Remix) [Black Hole Recordings]
- MaRLo – Showgrounds (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- MaRLo – Silverback (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- MaRLo – Underneath (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- MaRLo – Megalodon (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- MaRLo – Evolution (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- MaRLo – Freedive (A State of Trance - Armada Music)
- Angger Dimas & Polina – Release Me (MaRLo Remix) [Vicious]
- Gaia – Stellar (MaRLo Remix) [Armind (Armada)]
- MaRLo feat. Jano – Just Breathe [Spinnin Records]
- MaRLo feat. Jano – The Island [Spinnin Records]
- MaRLo – Forward Thinking/Semtex [RESET/Spinnin Records]
- Ferry Corsten – Punk (MaRLo Remix) [FLASHOVER]
- Sied van Riel – MME (MaRLo Remix) [Spinnin Records]
- W&W – Impact (MaRLo Remix) [Armada Music]
- MaRLo – Magnetic [Spinnin Records]
- MaRLo – Superlift [Spinnin Records]
- MaRLo – Not Alone [Spinnin Records]
- MaRLo – Capture [NOYS Music]
- Alex Kunnari & Heikki L – Brand New Day (MaRLo remix) [Black Hole Recordings]
- Rory Gallagher – Dark Side of the Sun (MaRLo remix) [Armada]
- Jude Eliott – Twilight (MaRLo remix)[Central Station Records]
- MaRLo – Ula [Armada]
- MaRLo ft Kristen Marlo – Is It Real [NOYS Music]
- MaRLo – Alpha [Pangea]
- Ohmna ft Nurlaila – Key of Life (MaRLo remix) [Armada]
- Ferry Corsten – Brainbox (MaRLo Remix) [Flashover Recordings]
- Rozza – Ones We Love (MaRLo remix) [Neuroscience]
- Arcane Science ft Rhys Oris – Should Have Told Me (MaRLo remix) [NOYS Music]
- Ministry of Sound Trance Nation CD, 14 date tour around Australia 2010
- Trance Energy – The Netherlands
- Trance Energy Australia
- ASOT 550 – The Netherlands
- Uitmarkt Festival – The Netherlands
- GO-Parc – Germany
- Paradiso – Indonesia
- Home Club – Singapore
- World DJ Festival 2013 – Seoul, Korea
- Skygarden- Indonesia
- Cirque du Soleil – Belgium
- Sensation[disambiguation needed]
- A State of Trance 700 2015 - Sydney, Australia
- "USTM Interview with MaRLo". http://usatrancemovement.com: United States Trance Movement. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
In 2010, you were voted Australia's No. 2 Trance DJ, and also asked to mix the Ministry of Sound Trance Nation Vol. 2 Cd.
- "Featured Artist Interview: MaRLo". http://www.soundgrail.com: SoundGrail. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
I used to only use hardware synths (Roland JP8000, Nord Lead, Korg Wavestation, Novation Supernova 2 etc.) but I'm finding that I only really use the computer for my production now. Now I use Cubase, some nice Dynaudio speakers (BM5a) a decent soundcard and a whole bunch of vst's. It doesn't really matter what you use though, it's the person that makes the tune sound good. When I used to do Live shows, it was all hardware (Drum machines, samplers, synths, vocalist etc.)
- "MaRLo's Trance Nation Interview". http://www.adelaideclubber.com.au: Adelaide Clubber. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
The next step part of his busy schedule is the highly anticipated 'Ministry of Sound Trance Nation Tour' around Australia. The Adelaide leg will feature at Adelaide's home of trance, HQ.
- "MaRLo Discography". http://www.discogs.com: Discogs. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
Albums and singles by MaRLo.
- "Official Website". http://www.marlomusic.com: MaRLo Music. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- "Official Youtube page". http://www.youtube.com: Youtube. Retrieved 10 May 2011.