||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
|Born||Marisa Christine Coughlan
March 17, 1974
Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Stephen Wallack (2008 - present)|
Coughlan was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She went to and graduated from Breck School, a small private school in Minneapolis. When she moved to Los Angeles, she enrolled in a BFA program at the University of Southern California.
She has appeared in top 100 "hot" lists put out by numerous men's magazines in recent years and graced the cover of Stuff magazine in May 2001.
Coughlan's first film appearance to gain mainstream attention was Teaching Mrs. Tingle in 1999, in which she co-starred alongside Katie Holmes. Other films she appeared in included Pumpkin (co-starring with Christina Ricci), a drama about sorority girls, New Suit, a satirical comedy about the inner workings of Hollywood, Super Troopers, playing Officer Ursula Hanson, and Freddy Got Fingered as Betty.
She had a recurring role on the television series Boston Legal as secretary Melissa Hughes in seasons two and three. In 2007, she starred as Jenny McIntyre in Lifetime Television's original series Side Order of Life. Lifetime did not pick the series up for a second season despite a strong following. In 2008-09, she appeared on three episodes of the hit TV show Bones.
Coughlan began writing while she was pregnant and taking time off from acting. She wrote and produced her first pilot, LOST AND FOUND for ABC in 2011 and is currently in development with ABC on a show that she will write and perform in.
Coughlan married Stephen Wallack, whom she had known since they were teenagers in Minneapolis, at a private estate in Pasadena, California on November 1, 2008. They have two children together.
- 1994 - Weird Science, as Barbara
- 1996 - Our Son, the Matchmaker, as Young Julie Longwell
- 1999 - Teaching Mrs. Tingle, as Jo Lynn
- 2000 - Gossip, as Sheila
- 2001 - Pumpkin, as Julie
- 2001 - Freddy Got Fingered, as Betty
- 2001 - Super Troopers, as Ursula
- 2005–2006, Boston Legal, 12 episodes as Melissa Hughes
- 2006 - Masters of horror - season 2, episode 1 "The damned thing", as Dina
- 2007 - Side Order of Life, 1 Season as Jenny McIntyre
- 2007 - Meet Bill, as Laura
- 2008 - Poundcake as Deborah
- 2009 - Medium, episode: "Soul Survivor" as Gabrielle
- 2009 - Bones, episodes:"Fire in the Ice", "The Princess and the Pear" and "The Hero in the Hold" as FBI Special Agent Payton Perrotta.
- 2011 - Man Up!
- 2011 - How To Be A Gentleman
- 2013 - Space Station 76, as Misty
- Kit, Borys (October 25, 2012). "Patrick Wilson, Liv Tyler Star in Sci-Fi Dramatic Comedy 'Space Station 76'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 27, 2012.