Matthew K. Rose
Matthew K. Rose (born 1959) in Salina, Kansas is the Chairman and CEO of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp. In December 2013, Rose’s role was shifted to that of executive chairman, renewing speculation he might be in line to replace Warren Buffett at Berkshire's helm. He attended the University of Missouri and is a member of Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity. Rose has a wife, Lisa, and two children.
Rose is a member of the National Executive Board of the Boy Scouts of America, the organization's governing body.
While CEO of Burlington Northern Santa Fe in 2008, Matthew K. Rose earned a total compensation of $14,621,963, which included a base salary of $1,183,583, a cash bonus of $1,679,480, stocks granted of $4,575,400, and options granted of $7,007,487, as well as $176,013 in other compensation.
- Jonathan Stempel and Michael Erman (11 December 2013). "BNSF CEO Rose shifts role, renewing Buffett succession talk". Reuters.
- "Matthew K. Rose". NNDB. Soylent Communications. 2008. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
- Boy Scouts of America Annual Report 2011
- "Norfolk Southern CEO Wick Moorman named Railway Age Railroader of the Year". Railway Age. December 9, 2010. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- 2008 CEO Compensation for Matthew K. Rose, Equilar.com
|Chief Executive Officer of BNSF Railway
2002 – present
|This biography related to rail transport in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|