|District||East Khasi Hills|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Mawlynnong is known for its cleanliness. The waste is collected in the dustbins made of bamboo, directed to a pit and then used as manure. The travel magazine Discover India declared the village as the cleanest in Asia in 2003, and the cleanest in India in 2005. The phrase has since caught on. Moasunep Kichu's documentary on the village, for instance, is called Asia's Cleanest Village.
- IAY Report for Financial year 2010-2011
- Electoral roll of Pynurla (ST) constituency, Election Department, Government of Meghalaya.
- Magical Mawlynnong, Meghalaya Tourism
- Availability of MGNrega data on MGNREGA soft MIS
- Eco Destination, Department of Tourism, Government of Meghalaya
- Mawlynnong - the cleanest village of Asia, India-north-east.com
- Asia's Cleanest Village by EMMRC K, 2013-06-21, retrieved 2015-04-20