New York, New York, USA
|John McGarry, Chief Executive Officer|
McGarryBowen is an advertising agency founded in 2002 by John McGarry, former president of Young & Rubicam who until 2008 held roughly 90% of the company, Stewart Owen, former chief strategic officer of Young & Rubicam, and Gordon Bowen, a former executive creative director at Young & Rubicam and Ogilvy & Mather. McGarryBowen was acquired for an undisclosed amount by Dentsu in 2008. It currently has offices in New York, Chicago, London, Shanghai and Düsseldorf.
McGarryBowen's clients include Maserati, Staples, Marriott International, J. P. Morgan, Hewlett-Packard, Chevron, Crayola, Kraft Foods, Chase, The Wall Street Journal, Disney, Inbev, Century 21, Verizon Wireless, Burger King, BAM[disambiguation needed], Sears and Learning Leaders.
Until 2008 it was ranked as the largest independent advertising agency in New York and 11th in the U.S., as ranked by AdAge 2005. Following both agencies' acquisition by Dentsu in 2008, McGarryBowen became a sibling agency to 360i. McGarryBowen was named as AdAge 's Agency of the Year for 2009, and was No. 2 on AdAge 's Agency A List for 2010.
McGarryBowen opened their first international office in London in April 2012, following a merger with sister agency Dentsu London, and almost immediately won the £25 million European launch campaign for Honda's fourth-generation CR-V.
As of 2012[update]
- John McGarry, Chief Executive Officer
- Gordon Bowen, Chief Creative Officer
- Stewart Owen, Chief Strategic Officer
- "McGarryBowen Sells Its Soul To Dentsu". Mediabistro.com. November 12, 2008.
- "McGarryBowen Drives Away With Maserati". Advertising Age. Oct 29, 2013.
- "Staples Leaves McCann After 9 Years". Adweek. May 28, 2013.
- "Dentsu Holdings USA, Inc. to Acquire McGarry Bowen, LLC of the United States". Dentsu. 2008-10-01. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- Patel, Kunur (2010-01-25). "Dentsu Acquires 360i, Taking a Big Digital Shop off the Table". Advertising Age. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- Parekh, Rupal (2010-01-25). "McGarryBowen Is Ad Age's Agency of the Year". Advertising Age. Retrieved 2010-12-02.
- Creamer, Matthew (2011-01-24). "McGarryBowen Is No. 2 on the Ad Age Agency A-List". Advertising Age.
- "School Reports 2012: Dentsu London". Campaign. 2 April 2012.
- Sara Kimberley (3 July 2012). "Honda Europe appoints Msgarrybowen to £25m ad brief". Campaign.