Mecca Rafeeque Ahmed
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
Rafeeque Ahmed started his career in 1978 under the guidance of Haji Mecca Abdul Majid Sahib and took over full control of the business after his father’s demise in 1965. Under his guidance Farida Group has grown from a tannery to many shoemaking divisions. He was instrumental in diversifying the business by starting upper making factories in late 1960s and then established full shoe making factories in 1980s. He became chairman of the group in the year 1996. He is a distinguished figure in the industry and has held various positions in the different industrial associations in the country.
His company Farida Group has made a remarkable presence in the vellore district and created thousands of job opportunities for the locales. It also renders services for the social cause which is in the form of educational scholarships for the deserved students, medical assistance for the needy and environment friendly initiatives.
- President, Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO)
- President, FICCI, Tamil Nadu Chamber
- President, All India Skins & Hides Tanners & Merchants Association, Chennai
- Chairman, Ambur Economic Development Organization Ltd, Ambur
- Director, Indian Institute of Leather Products, Chennai
- Director, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
- Chairman, Footwear Design & Development Institute, Noida
- Chairman, Council of Leather Exports, India
Born to business man "Mecca Abdul Majeed" from Ambur. He is married to Miya Sabiha and has five children, four sons and one daughter. His sons act as the Managing director of sister companies of Farida Group.Rafeeque Ahmed also named one function hall in  with his mother name as "BUWA".
Awards and honors
Mecca Rafeeq Ahmed is a recipient of the 2011 Padma Shri Award, India's fourth-highest civilian award.
- "Nageswara Rao, Ahluwalia, Shashi Kapoor, Girish Kasaravalli among Padma awardees". The Hindu. 26 January 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2011.