Media Take Out
|Slogan||The Most Visited Urban Website In The World|
|Alexa rank||1,995 (December 2013[update])|
Media Take Out is a blog-style gossip website catering to people that are interested in drama. It claims to be "The Most Visited Urban Website in the World" and has an Alexa ranking of 1,477 as of October 26, 2010.
The website was founded by Fred Mwangaguhunga, a former corporate lawyer. Mwangaguhunga was born to Ugandan parents in Washington, D.C., is a graduate of John Jay College of Criminal Justice at the City University of New York, and received two degrees from Columbia University.
Exclusives have been quoted by BET Style, MTV News, the Page Six column of the New York Post, and by radio personalities including Wendy Williams, Howard Stern, and Tom Joyner. Media Take Out claims to have broken several stories, including Remy Ma's criminal charges and Michael Jordan's divorce. Mwangaguhunga has stated, "we get 90% of our stories from insiders looking to spill the beans like hairstylists, bodyguards or bitter ex-girlfriends".
- "Mediatakeout.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Traffic Details for MediaTakeOut.com". Alexa.com. 2009-01-28. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Vanessa E. Jones (2007-06-11). "Believe the hype". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Margena A. Christian (2007-09-24). "Former attorney now serves up Black celebrity gossip as founder of Mediatakeout.com". Jet. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- "MediaTakeOut.com Receives One Million Page Views". PRWeb. 2006-06-20. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- Media Take Out.com Dishin the Dirt on African American Celebs: But Skeptics say It's All Lies
- (audio) NPR Interviews owner
|This entertainment website–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|