Media of Jersey
Local terrestrial television in Jersey is provided by ITV Channel Television (part of the ITV network) and BBC Channel Islands (an opt-out service from BBC South West) - both of these have local broadcast studios, production teams, presenters and other staff. Many other off-island stations are available, which are mostly the same as those available in United Kingdom.
ITV Channel Television - the longest-serving of the two services - produces regional programming for the Islands, including a flagship nightly news programme, ITV News Channel TV, which is supplemented by shorter news bulletins seven days a week. Other programmes include a twice-weekly sports magazine show Report Sport, the long-running children's series Puffin's Pla(i)ce and local documentaries.
BBC Channel Islands News is an opt-out service for the Channel Islands, broadcast from the BBC Radio Jersey studios in St Helier at 6:30pm (during the first half of Spotlight) and at 10:25pm (after the BBC News at Ten) each weeknight on BBC1.
Jersey used to be served by the Normandy based radio station Contact 94.
Canadian Youtuber Sips makes videos from his home in Jersey.
The newspaper features a weekly Jèrriais column accompanied by English-language précis.
- "Circulation down for all of UK's 81 regional dailies". PressGazette. 2012-08-29. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Gallery | Style Magazine | Franchises". Gallerymagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "The Jersey Life". Lifemags.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Les Nouvelles Chroniques du Don Balleine". Members.societe-jersiaise.org. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Finance Publications Offshore Limited". 2020.je. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Finance Publications Offshore Limited". Financeoffshore.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
|This article about the Bailiwick of Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|