Media of Jersey
Local terrestrial television in Jersey is provided by ITV Channel Television (part of the ITV network) and BBC Channel Islands (an opt-out service from BBC South West) - both of these have local broadcast studios, production teams, presenters and other staff. Many other off-island stations are available, which are mostly the same as those available in United Kingdom.
ITV Channel Television - the longest-serving of the two services - produces regional programming for the Islands, including a flagship nightly news programme, ITV News Channel TV, which is supplemented by shorter news bulletins seven days a week. Other programmes include a twice-weekly sports magazine show Report Sport, the long-running children's series Puffin's Pla(i)ce and local documentaries.
BBC Channel Islands News is an opt-out service for the Channel Islands, broadcast from the BBC Radio Jersey studios in St Helier at 6:30pm (during the first half of Spotlight) and at 10:25pm (after the BBC News at Ten) each weeknight on BBC1.
Jersey used to be served by the Normandy based radio station Contact 94.
The newspaper features a weekly Jèrriais column accompanied by English-language précis.
- "Circulation down for all of UK's 81 regional dailies". PressGazette. 2012-08-29. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Gallery | Style Magazine | Franchises". Gallerymagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "The Jersey Life". Life-mags.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Les Nouvelles Chroniques du Don Balleine". Members.societe-jersiaise.org. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Finance Publications Offshore Limited". 2020.je. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Finance Publications Offshore Limited". Financeoffshore.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
|This article about the Bailiwick of Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|