|Industry||Online dating service|
|Key people||Marc Simoncini, CEO|
|Revenue||133,6 M € (Europe, 2008)|
According to JupiterResearch, Meetic is the largest online dating service in Europe. The service had 525,000 subscribers in 2007. By February 2009, when the company acquired the European activities of Match.com, it grew to have more than 30 million subscribers.
The service's slogan is "Same game, new rules."
In December 2012, Meetic Group bought Massive Media, the parent company of Twoo.com. Twoo.com had been launched in 2011, and in November 2012, Twoo became the biggest site in the world in the Personals category (ComScore December 2012).[unreliable source?] Twoo features matchmaking algorithms that connect users to others based on location and interests. Users are spread worldwide, the site is available in 38 languages. Twoo is also available as an Android, iPhone and Windows Phone app.
In December 2013 they launched a new product, the Stepout application where people can find out who likes them nearby.
According to the website TechCrunch, Twoo has been accused of forwarding invitations to its users' email contacts using spamming methods. TechCrunch had a follow up a year later and maintained that Twoo was still following the same spamming methods as it had reported the previous year.
Meetic brands in Europe
The Meetic group has activities in all European countries. But the brandnames may be different from country to country:
- "DirectDating" in the UK
- "Neu" in Germany and Austria
- "Meetic" in France, Italy, Spain, Luxemburg, Portugal, Sweden and Belgium
- "Parperfeito" in Brazil
- "Lexa" in the Netherlands
- Sage, Adam (2007-10-18). "For French and internet dating, what's love got to do with it?". The Times. Archived from the original on 2009-06-09. Retrieved June 9, 2009.
- Fishbein, Jennifer (2007-10-05). "Europe's Love Affair with Meetic". BusinessWeek. Archived from the original on 2009-06-09. Retrieved June 9, 2009.
- "Marc Simoncini annonce le mariage de Meetic avec Match.com". Zonebourse.com (Performance Bourse). 2009-02-20. Archived from the original on 2010-04-07. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- Reuben Dating firms fight for UK hearts, Anthony (2007-07-18). "Dating firms fight for UK hearts". BBC. Archived from the original on 2009-06-09. Retrieved June 9, 2009.
- Match.com increases its stake in Meetic SA from 80.8% to 87.5% and Announces Planned Public Offer for all Outstanding Shares
- "Meetic (IAC) buys Massive Media, the company behind Netlog and Badoo rival Twoo, for $25m". www.thenextweb.com. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Meetic purchases Belgian dating site Twoo.com to go international". www.rudebaguette.com. Retrieved 31 December 2012.