|Origin||Brooklyn, New York|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, Metalcore, Crossover Thrash, Thrash Metal, Groove Metal|
|Labels||Century Media , Regain Records|
Full Contact (band)
Merauder is a hardcore band from New York City.
The group formed in 1990, establishing itself on the eastern U.S. hardcore-metal scene through frequent touring and a few demo releases. In 1995, the band released an EP after vocalist Jorge joined, and toured with Biohazard. Upon the release of their 1996 debut, the band scored a slot opening for Fear Factory and toured Europe in 1995 with Böhse Onkelz. Merauder is also one of the key bands from the NYHC scene. The band split-up following the recording of their 2003 release Bluetality.
In 2007, vocalist Jorge Rosado formed his own version of the band. Guitarist Anthony Muccini publicly opposed Rosado's use of the name, though Muccini himself is not an original member.
In 2008, the band announced completion of a new studio album recorded at Big Blue Meenie studios in Jersey City, New Jersey, and embarked on headline tours through Europe, Japan, and the U.S. The band also finished touring with The Haunted and The Agonist.
New record titled God Is I has been released 19 June in Europe and 11 August 2009 through Regain Records. Although there were many difficulties with the European release, Regain Records has sent the copies only to Germany, Switzerland, Austria and the Netherlands.
In December 2009, just after their US trek with The Haunted and The Agonist, Merauder toured with Entombed and Devious around Europe. Their last show was performed on Eindhoven Metal Meeting, where they shared stage with the likes of Satyricon, Nile and Legion of the Damned.
In May the band went on a tour around the West Coast of US (including a festival in Las Vegas with such bands like Donnybrook and Grave Maker) and Mexico. On 13 August they're going to be a part of 'This is Hardcore' marathon in Philadelphia, PA and share stage with such bands like Bane, Cro-Mags, Sheer Terror, Death Before Dishonor and more.
In February 2011, a fan made video for the song "Until" surfaced online featuring Rosado and an entirely new cast of hired guns signaling the departure of the recording lineup on the album God Is I.
- Demo Tape with Minus on vocals (1993)
- Split EP with Stigmata (1995)
- Master Killer (1996, Century Media)
- Demo Tape with Eddie Sutton of Leeway (band) on vocals (1998)
- Five Deadly Venoms (1999, Century Media)
- Bluetality (2003, Century Media)
- Master Killers: A Complete Anthology (Compilation) (2007, Century Media)
- God is I (2009, Regain Records)
- 'Downfall of Christ' by Heaven Shall Burn (Album - 'Iconoclast (Part 1: The Final Resistance)')
- 'Life is Pain' by Hatebreed (Album - 'For the Lions')
- 'Master Killer' by God Forbid (Century Media Records's 2CD compilation "Covering 20 Years Of Extremes")
- 'See You In Hell' from Grim Reaper's album See You in Hell (1984) (Featured on the album 'God is I')
- Jorge Rosado - vocals
- Bobby Blood - guitars
- Ernesto Colon - guitars
- Kevin Mahon - bass guitar
- Mike Palmeri - drums
- Javier Carpio - guitar (deceased May 1, 2006)
- Anthony Muccini - guitar
- Chris Bozeth - guitar
- Minus - vocals
- Rick Lopez - bass guitarist
- Darian Polach - guitar
- Drew Smerdon - bass guitar
- Dave Stafford - guitar
- Michael MacIvor - bass guitar
- Pokey - drums
- Dave Chavarri - drums
- Kung Fu Jim DeMaria - drums
- Biography at Allmusic.com