Kohn with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
June 26, 1986 |
Camden, South Carolina
|July 26, 2010 for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim|
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||3.67|
Michael Thomas Kohn (born June 26, 1986) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Atlanta Braves. He was drafted in the 13th round (409th overall) of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft after playing college baseball at the College of Charleston.
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Kohn made his major league debut on July 26, 2010 against the Boston Red Sox at Angel Stadium of Anaheim. He finished the season appearing in 24 games, going 2-0. In 2011, Kohn struggled with control, walking 9 in 12.1 innings and allowing 10 runs. He spent the entire 2012 season on the disabled list due to Tommy John surgery. Fully healthy in 2013, Kohn was a bullpen mainstay for the Angels, appearing in a career high 63 games. On September 2, 2014, Kohn was designated for assignment. On September 8, 2014, Kohn chose free agency rather than accepting a demotion to the minors.
Tampa Bay Rays
- Bowman, Mark (December 17, 2014). "Kohn looking forward to fulfilling childhood dream". MLB.com. Retrieved December 18, 2014.
- "Ortiz lifts Red Sox with 2 homers; Haren hurt in Angels debut". ESPN.com. Associated Press. July 26, 2010. Retrieved December 19, 2014.
- "Relievers Cassevah, Kohn likely to start on DL". MLB.com. March 28, 2012. Retrieved December 19, 2014.
- DiGiovanna, Mike (April 11, 2012). "Angels reliever Michael Kohn to have major elbow surgery". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 19, 2014.
- Cwik, Chris (September 2, 2014). "Michael Kohn designated for assignment Tuesday". Yahoo! Sports. CBS Sports. Retrieved December 19, 2014.
- Mello, Igor (September 8, 2014). "Michael Kohn elects to become a free agent". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved December 19, 2014.
- Short, D.J. (October 16, 2014). "Rays sign reliever Michael Kohn to one-year contract". NBC Sports. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "Dodgers acquire Peralta from Rays". Fresno Bee. Associated Press. November 21, 2014. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "Braves agree to terms with Michael Kohn on minor league contract". MLB.com. December 4, 2014. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "Braves, former Angels reliever Kohn agree to deal". ESPN.com. Associated Press. December 4, 2014. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Michael Kohn on Twitter
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|