Michael Peterson (album)
|Studio album by Michael Peterson|
|Released||July 15, 1997|
Robert Ellis Orrall
|Michael Peterson chronology|
Michael Peterson is the debut album of American country music artist Michael Peterson. Released in 1997 on Reprise Records, it features the singles "Drink, Swear, Steal & Lie", "From Here to Eternity", "Too Good to Be True", "When the Bartender Cries" and "By the Book", all of which charted on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) charts. "From Here to Eternity" was a Number One on that chart in late 1997.
Allmusic critic Thom Owens gave the album three stars out of five, calling it an "engaging set of contemporary country, highlighted by Peterson's warm, welcoming voice." Alanna Nash of Entertainment Weekly gave it a "B" rating, saying that the production was "lightweight" but that Peterson's performance and the song selection made it "a feel-good dance album."
- "Lost in the Shuffle" (Michael Peterson, Josh Leo, Robert Ellis Orrall) – 3:36
- "Love's Great" (Peterson, Arlos Smith) – 2:42
- "When the Bartender Cries" (Peterson, Hunter Davis) – 3:43
- "Drink, Swear, Steal & Lie" (Peterson, Paula Carpenter) – 3:01
- "I Finally Passed the Bar" (Peterson, Michael Puryear, Buddy Brock) – 3:43
- duet with Travis Tritt
- "From Here to Eternity" (Peterson, Orrall) – 3:36
- "That's What They Said About The Buffalo" (Peterson, Puryear) - 3:31
- "Too Good to Be True" (Peterson, Gene Pistilli) – 3:20
- "Since I Thought I Knew It All" (Peterson, Ashe Underwood) – 3:35
- "By the Book" (Peterson, Orrall) – 3:02
- "For a Song" (Dewayne Blackwell) – 4:49
As listed in liner notes.
- Michael Black - background vocals
- Mike Brignardello - bass guitar
- Max Carl - background vocals
- Dan Dugmore - steel guitar
- Thom Flora - background vocals
- Larry Franklin - fiddle
- Paul Franklin - steel guitar
- Rob Hajacos - fiddle
- John Hobbs - keyboards
- Dann Huff - electric guitar
- Josh Leo - electric guitar
- Brent Mason - electric guitar
- Greg Morrow - drums
- Nashville String Machine - string section
- Craig Nelson - bass guitar
- Robert Ellis Orrall - background vocals
- Michael Peterson - vocals, acoustic guitar
- Tom Roady - percussion
- Scott Sanders - steel guitar
- Darrell Scott - acoustic guitar, mandolin
- Biff Watson - acoustic guitar
Crowd noise on "Love's Great": Steven Bliss, Pat "The Sergeant" Finch, Chad Gates, Curtis Green, Rick Henegar, Rusty Jones, Dillon Leo, Brooke Lundy, Susan E. Niles, Jake Orrall, Jamin Orrall, Justine Orrall, Amanda Peterson, Lauren Peterson, Gene Pistilli, Steve Pope, Annie Price, Michael Puryear, Gavin Reilly, Arlos Smith, Neal Spielberg, Peter "Boston" Strickland
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||17|
|U.S. Billboard 200||115|
|U.S. Billboard Top Heatseekers||2|
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||13|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 323. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Owens, Thom. "Michael Peterson review". Allmusic. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- Nash, Alanna (25 July 1997). "Michael Peterson review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- Michael Peterson (CD insert). Michael Peterson. Reprise Records. 1997. 46618.