Middle River (Maryland)
Middle River is an estuary in Baltimore County, Maryland, located about 5 miles (8 km) east of the city of Baltimore. The estuary extends from the community of Middle River, north of the Martin Plaza Shopping Center, to the southeast for about 4 miles (6.4 km), to the Chesapeake Bay. The watershed area of Middle River is 12 square miles (31 km2), and includes Martin State Airport.
Tributaries of Middle River
Clockwise from the southern edge of its mouth, they are:
- Sue Creek
- Hogpen Creek
- Norman Creek
- Hopkins Creek
- Upper Middle River (no separate name)
- Dark Head Creek; its nontidal portion is Cowpens Run; Martins Lagoon is the upper tidal portion near Martin State Airport (neither of the latter two names are official feature names in GNIS)
- Stansbury Creek
- Frog Mortar Creek
- Galloway Creek
- Baltimore County Department of Environmental Protection and Resource Management (DEPRM). Towson, MD. "Middle River Watershed." Accessed 2009-07-31.
- DEPRM. "Water Quality Management Plan for Middle River Watershed." Executive Summary. March 2001. Includes a watershed map on page 3.
- United States Geological Survey. Reston, VA. "Middle River." Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). Accessed 2009-07-31.
|This Maryland state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|