March 4, 1986 |
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
|Residence||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Stanford University|
|Known for||Co-Founder of Instagram|
|Net worth||US$100 million (2013)|
Michel "Mike" Krieger (born March 4, 1986) is a Brazilian entrepreneur and software engineer, who is best known as the co-founder of Instagram along with Kevin Systrom. Born in São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil, Krieger moved to California in 2004 to attend Stanford University. At Stanford, where he studied symbolic systems, he met Kevin Systrom. The two of them co-founded Instagram in 2010. He made the updates for Instagram for the first 3 years it was public. He is engaged to Kaitlyn Trigger.
In April 2015, Krieger announced a partnership with charity evaluator GiveWell, committing $750000 USD over the next two years. The funds are to be allocated to support operations 90% will be allocated to grants identified and recommended through the Open Philanthropy Project process. Kaitlyn, in a blog about the partnership, describes the couple's philanthropic vision as:
We believe that all people deserve a free, vibrant, and productive life. To support this vision, we identify and champion forward-thinking ideas, and help scale solutions that work. To create significant, sustainable change, we are committed to systems-level thinking and rigorous analysis. We advocate collaboration and transparency to engage a broader community and magnify our impact.
- Katherine Rushton (2012-01-24). "Who's getting rich from Facebook's $1bn Instagram deal?". The Telegraph.
- Joe Garofoli (2012-01-24). "Steve Jobs’ widow, Instagram founder sitting with Michelle Obama at State of the Union". SFGate.com.
- Somini Sengupta, Nicole Perlroth and Jenna Wortham (2012-04-13). "Behind Instagram’s Success, Networking the Old Way". New York Times.
- Christine Longorio (2012-04-09). "Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, Founders of Instagram". Inc. magazine.
- Karnofsky, Holden (23 April 2015). "Co-funding Partnership with Kaitlyn Trigger and Mike Krieger". GiveWell.
- Trigger, Kaitlyn (23 April 2015). "Statement from Kaitlyn Trigger & Mike Krieger: Why We’re Partnering with the Open Philanthropy Project". GiveWell.
|This article about a United States engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|