Mina (given name)
Mina is a given name with a variety of origins, used as a feminine name in some cultures and a masculine name in others.
Mina (Egyptian Arabic: مينا; pronounced [ˈmiːnæ]), also transcribed Mena or Meena, is a male given name for Egyptians, mostly Egyptian Christians, a modern corruption of the ancient Egyptian name Menes.
- Mina (fl. c. 3100 BC), a.k.a. Menes, legendary Egyptian ruler
- St. Mina (Saint Menas)(fl. 3rd century AD), Coptic religious leader (Martyr)
- Mina Asami (born 1958), Japanese actress
- Mina Fukui (born 1984), Japanese actress
- Mina Harigae (born 1989), Japanese golfer
- Mina Matsushima (born 1991), Japanese swimmer
- Mina Ōba (born 1992), Japanese singer and actress
|Hanja||敏雅, 珉娥, 慜娥, and others|
Mina, Meena, and Minah are various Roman alphabet spellings of two homophonous Korean feminine given names with different hangul spellings. The meaning differs based on the hanja used to write each syllable of the name.
- Bang Minah (born 1993), South Korean singer, member of Girl's Day
- Justine Mina Ok (fl. 2000s), Korean American songwriter
- Shim Mina (born 1972), South Korean singer
- Shin Min-a (born 1981), South Korean television actress
For the name Mi-na (미나), there are 31 hanja with the reading "mi" and 16 hanja with the reading "na" on the South Korean government's official list of hanja which may be used in given names.
Mina is a female given name in Iran, meaning love, aqua blue, tooth enamel, and a Daisy in the Persian language. When used as a girl's name, it may be followed by "joon" as a term of endearment, meaning life. Shortened sometimes as Mimi, Mimosa, and Mims.
In Pushto, native language of the pushtuns in Afghanistan and Noth Pakistan, Mina means Love
- Mina Loy (1882–1966), English poet
- Mina Karadžić, Serbian 19th century poet
- Mina (singer) (born 1940), Italian singer
- Mina Kostić (born 1969), Serbian folk singer
- Mina Papatheodorou-Valyraki, Greek painter
- Mina Shum, Canadian filmmaker
- Seong Mi-na, character from the Soul series of fighting video games
- Mina Harker, character in Bram Stoker's Dracula
- Mina Tepeş, character in Japanese manga series Dance in the Vampire Bund
- Mina Tsukishiro, character in Japanese anime series Getsumento Heiki Mina
- Mina Mongoose, female mongoose from video game Sonic the Hedgehog
- Mina Majikina, character in video game Samurai Shodown
- Mina McKee, character in David Almond's children's book Skellig and its prequel My Name is Mina
- Yoo Mi-na, character in 2012 South Korean television series Time Slip Dr. Jin
- Breen, Jim (2011). Japanese Names Dictionary. Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "인명용 한자표" [Table of hanja for use in personal names]. South Korea: Supreme Court. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|