|Studio album by Fabolous|
|Released||July 28, 2009|
|Label||Desert Storm, Def Jam|
|Producer||DJ Clue (exec.), Duro (exec.), Fabolous (exec.), Skane (exec.)
Ryan Leslie, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, StreetRunner, L Pro, The Runners, DJ Khalil, The Alchemist, Syience, Jermaine Dupri, Sami Wilf, LRoc, No I.D., Sid V, J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Sean C. & L.V., BlackOut Movement, Rico Law, Kevin Cossom, The-Dream
|Singles from Loso's Way|
|The Boston Globe||(favorable)|
|Los Angeles Times|||
Fabolous planned on not having many guests on the album. The album was originally called Work Hard, Play Harder. The album was set to be released on June 30, 2009, but was pushed back to July 28 because Fabolous wanted to include the movie with the album.
A deluxe album was released on the same day as the standard release. The edition features a bonus DVD, (Loso's Way, the movie). The movie features Fabolous (and three of his friends). Fabolous is leaving a restaurant when he is shot. His friends quickly rush Fabolous to the hospital, but are stopped by the police after running a red light. Fellow rapper Styles P has a role in the movie. DJ Clue, DJ Khaled, Jadakiss, Swizz Beatz, DJ Envy, and Ryan Leslie make cameo appearances. The movie Loso's Way runs for 33:03 minutes. In order to view Loso's Way the movie, the deluxe album Loso's Way must be purchased.
The first two singles were released simultaneously on May 26, 2009. "Throw It in the Bag" features The-Dream and "My Time" features Jeremih. The third single is "Everything, Everyday, Everywhere" featuring Keri Hilson. Fourth single is "Money Goes, Honey Stay" featuring Jay-Z.
Loso's Way got a score of 66 out of 100 from Metacritic based on positive reviews from music critics. Several critics pointed out that the album revealed Fabolous' lyrical strengths and weaknesses. Slava Kuperstein of HipHopDX gave the album a 3.5 out of five stars and stated that Loso's Way may be the first completely focused album Fabolous has ever dropped, and the results confirm what all the hype was for in the first place.
The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, selling over 99,000 copies in its first week. It became Fabolous' first album to top the chart. As of May 2014, Loso's Way has sold 318,187 copies, making it Fabolous' lowest selling studio album.
|1.||"The Way (Intro)"||StreetRunner||4:09|
|2.||"My Time" (featuring Jeremih)||The Runners, Kevin "KC" Cossom (co.)||4:00|
|3.||"Imma Do It" (featuring Kobe)||DJ Khalil||3:59|
|4.||"Feel Like I'm Back"||J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League||4:28|
|5.||"Everything, Everyday, Everywhere" (featuring Keri Hilson)||Ryan Leslie||4:07|
|6.||"Throw It in the Bag" (featuring The-Dream)||Tricky Stewart, The-Dream||3:51|
|7.||"Money Goes, Honey Stay (When the Money Goes Remix)" (featuring Jay-Z)||Jermaine Dupri, Sami Wilf||3:45|
|8.||"Salute" (featuring Lil Wayne)||Rico Law||4:27|
|9.||"There He Go" (featuring Paul Cain, Red Cafe & Freck Billionaire)||The BlackOut Movement||4:31|
|10.||"The Fabolous Life" (featuring Ryan Leslie)||Ryan Leslie||4:07|
|11.||"Makin' Love" (featuring Ne-Yo)||Jermaine Dupri, No I.D.||4:07|
|12.||"Last Time" (featuring Trey Songz)||Jermaine Dupri, LRoc||4:10|
|15.||"Stay" (featuring Marsha Ambrosius)||Syience||3:41|
|16.||"I Miss My Love"||Sean C & LV||5:49|
|iTunes Store bonus tracks|
|17.||"A Toast to the Good Life" (European album exclusive)||L Pro||2:25|
|18.||"Welcome to My Workplace"||Sean C. & L.V.||1:52|
|Japan bonus tracks|
|17.||"Never Let It Go" (featuring Keys)||DJ Khalil||4:13|
|18.||"Bang Bang"||Sean C. & L.V.||2:16|
- "Makin Love" (featuring Ne-Yo)
|Canadian Albums Chart||26|
|US Billboard 200||1|
|US Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums||1|
|US Billboard Top Rap Albums||1|
|US Billboard Top Soundtracks||1|
- "Loso's Way Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- Adaso, Henry (2009-07-28). "Fabolous - 'Loso's Way'". About.com. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- Jeffries, David. "Loso's Way - Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- Capobianco, Ken (2009-07-27). "Fabolous, 'Loso's Way'". The Boston Globe. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- Vozick-Levinson, Simon (2009-07-22). "Loso's Way - Music Review". Entertainment Weekly. Time. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- Brown, August (2009-07-28). "Album review: Fabolous' 'Loso's Way'". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- Murphy, Siobhan (2009-08-03). "Fabolous head off on Loso's Way". Metro. Associated Newspapers. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- Gamboa, Glenn (2009-07-27). "Music review: 'Fabolous'". Newsday. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- Christgau, Robert. "CG: Fabolous". RobertChristgau.com. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- Hoard, Christian (2009-08-05). "Loso's Way : Fabolous : Review". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2009-10-11. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- Jones, Steve (2009-07-28). "Review of Fabolous's 'Loso's Way'". USA Today. Retrieved 20019-01-24. Check date values in:
- Fabolous at Island Def Jam. Def Jam.
- Loso's Way [Deluxe Edition [CD/DVD] Amazon.
- Concepcion, Mariel (2009-07-09). "Fabolous Gets Personal on 'Loso's Way' Album". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. Retrieved 2009-10-16.
Here We Go Again by Demi Lovato
|Billboard 200 number-one album
August 15, 2009
Live on the Inside by Sugarland