|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
|Final issue||January 2006|
MyLINUX was a Romanian computer magazine published monthly, specialized on the Linux operating system. Each release contained a small Linux distribution on a CD. The magazine ceased to publish in January 2006, and the final issue was made available for free over the internet in PDF format .
Each issue was structured in 10 segments:
- News - latest news from the Linux world.
- Software - Linux software reviews.
- Distributions - Linux distros pinned.
- Interview - interview with famous open source software developers.
- Beginner - articles for newbies.
- Internet - sites of the month
- LinuxMobil - articles about Linux on mobile devices.
- LinuxGame - Linux game reviews.
- LinuxTips - tips 'n' tricks over Linux.
- /dev/null - humor page.
The editing team consisted of:
- Rãzvan T. Coloja - Editor in chief
- Darius Martin - Executive editor
- Emanuel Gliţia - Editor
- Mircea Buzlea - Project coordinator, mobile solutions
- Cristian Mada - Graphics design and DTP
- Tamas Kiraly - Webmaster
MyLINUX, along with MyHARDWARE, was one of the satellite magazines of MyCOMPUTER, another Romanian IT&C magazine.
Although the magazine ceased publication, another project is still being kept alive.
The main language of the site is Romanian, however the vast majority of the forum users understand English as well. Over the time an active community has formed around the forum, made up mostly of Unix users.
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This computer magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.