My Heart Will Never Know
|"My Heart Will Never Know"|
|Single by Clay Walker|
|from the album If I Could Make a Living|
|B-side||Money Ain't Everything|
|Released||April 25, 1995|
|Clay Walker singles chronology|
"My Heart Will Never Know" is a song written by Steve Dorff and Billy Kirsch, and recorded by American country music artist Clay Walker. It was released in May 1995 as the third single from his album If I Could Make a Living. It peaked at number 16 in the United States and number 6 in Canada.
Larry Flick of Billboard gave the song a positive review writing "One of the brightest stars in country music's new wave, Walker is batting 1.000 at radio. He delivers one of his best-ever vocal performances, conveying all the heartbreak of this well-written ballad's lyric." Sonia Murray of the Atlanta Constitution wrote "My Heart Will Never Know," has enough pop inflection to make it appealing to young listeners who grew up on recent rock 'n' roll. They'll also grab concertgoers who've switched from rock to country as they've grown older.
The music video was directed by Bill Young and premiered in mid-1995.
"My Heart Will Never Know" debuted at number 66 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of May 6, 1995.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||6|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||16|
- Flick, Larry. "Single reviews: Country." Billboard 107.18 (1995): 57. Academic Search Complete. EBSCO. Web. 14 Apr. 2011.
- Murray, Sonia Atlanta Constitution Pop Music CRITICS' PICKS (30 June 1995)
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7780." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. July 31, 1995. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Clay Walker Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Clay Walker.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|