NRDC Equity Partners
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2010)|
|Founder(s)||Richard A Baker, Robert C. Baker, William L. Mack, Lee S. Neibart|
|Headquarters||Purchase, New York, United States and New York City|
Richard A. Baker, CEO;Francis Casale, Brian Pall, Donald Hutchison, Donald Watros
|Divisions||Hudson's Bay Company|
NRDC Equity Partners (commonly referred to as NRDC) is an American entrepreneurial-based private investment firm investing in retail, real estate and consumer branded businesses.
NRDC has completed five transactions since 2006, totaling almost $5 billion in enterprise values and has invested approximately $1.5 billion of equity for its transactions. NRDC targets transactions ranging from $250 million to $5 billion of enterprise value, requiring total equity investments of $50 million to $1.5 billion.
NRDC’s current portfolio consists of two of the leading companies in their sectors, the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) and Retail Opportunity Investments Corporation (ROIC).
HBC is the holding company that owns and manages over 57,000,000 square feet (5,300,000 m2) of retail properties located in Canada and the U.S. through its portfolio subsidiaries.
- Hudson's Bay operates 90 department stores located in Canada
- Home Outfitters operates 69 kitchen, bath and bed superstores across Canada
- Lord & Taylor owns and operates 46 department stores and one outlet center located in the U.S.
- Saks Fifth Avenue owns and operates 42 department stores and 65 OFF 5th outlet stores in the U.S.
NRDC formed its real estate investment trust portfolio company, ROIC, through a public equity raise of $414 million completed in October 2009. ROIC focuses on acquiring and growing high quality shopping centers. It has invested over $200 million and has completed/announced 14 transactions as of September 2010.
- "LinkedIn company profile of NDRC Equity Partners". Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "Bloomberg Businessweek company profile of NDRC Equity Partners". Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- http://www.nrdcequity.com[dead link]
- "NRDC Equity Partners announces the acquisition of Hudson's Bay Company". Retrieved 2 September 2012.