|Full name||Nathaniel Nyakie Chalobah|
|Date of birth||12 December 1994|
|Place of birth||Freetown, Sierra Leone|
|Height||1.85m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Defender / Midfielder|
(on loan from Chelsea)
|2012–2013||→ Watford (loan)||38||(5)|
|2013–2014||→ Nottingham Forest (loan)||12||(2)|
|2014–||→ Middlesbrough (loan)||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:57, 09 February 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Freetown, Sierra Leone, Chalobah came through the Chelsea academy, having been there since his pre-teens. During the 2010–11 season he featured for Chelsea reserves while still a schoolboy, winning the national championship with the side that season. In 2011–12, Chalobah regularly captained both Chelsea's reserve and youth sides, and led the 2012 FA Youth Cup winning side. He signed a professional contract with Chelsea in January 2012 shortly after turning 17, lasting until summer 2014. He was an unused substitute for the Chelsea first-team at the age of 15, in their League Cup clash against Newcastle and traveled with them to the 2012 UEFA Champions League final in Munich, which Chelsea won. On 30 August 2013, Chalobah signed a new five-year contract with Chelsea, stating that he wishes to stay at Chelsea for his entire career.
Chalobah signed on loan for Championship side Watford on 31 August 2012 until January 2013. He made his professional debut for the club on 18 September 2012 against Brighton & Hove Albion, coming on as 73rd minute substitute for Fernando Forestieri. He later made his first professional start, lasting the full 90 minutes in Watford's 2–2 draw with Bristol City, on 23 September. On 17 November, Chalobah scored his first goal for Watford in a 2–1 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers. He scored his second goal for Watford in a 1–1 draw against Burnley, on 15 December, with a fine volley from the edge of the box, 3 days after his 18th birthday.
On 2 January 2013, Chalobah extended his loan at Watford until the end of the 2012–13 season. Chalobah scored his 5th goal of the season for Watford with a stunning 30-yard strike against Leicester City on 26 April 2013. Watford won the match 2–1.
Chalobah's performances helped to guide Watford to the Championship playoff final, where they were defeated 1–0 by Crystal Palace.
Nottingham Forest (loan)
On 19 September 2013 Chalobah signed a loan deal with Nottingham Forest until January 15, 2014. Manager Billy Davies remarked upon his arrival “He’s a tremendous young talent." Chalobah made his debut from the start in Forest's trip to Doncaster Rovers on 21 September 2013 and he scored his first Forest goal in a 3–1 defeat away to Yeovil Town on 26 October 2013.
He made his England under-16 debut at the age of 13 in October 2008, and his England under-17 debut aged 14 in July 2009. He won the 2010 European Championship and later captaining the side at the age of 15. Chalobah made his England under-19 debut in September 2011., and went on to captain them until the 8th of November 2012 when he was called up to the England under-21 squad for a match against Northern Ireland. Chalobah made his England Under-21 debut on 13 November 2012, replacing Jordan Henderson in the 76th minute. Chalobah is also eligible for Sierra Leone.
Style of play
Chalobah is well known for his versatility, work-rate, and fitness levels, both in defending and attacking sense. He is described as, "Tall, athletic and can operate in either midfield or defence, being notably quick in the tackle."
- As of 02 February 2014
|League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Nottingham Forest (loan)||Championship||2013–14||12||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||12||2|
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists". Premier League. 19 September 2012.
- NATHANIEL CHALOBAH, chelseafc.com, accessed 18 September 2012
- Dawkes, Phil (18 September 2012). "MATCH REPORT: Chelsea 3–4 Newcastle". BBC. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "Chalobah signs until 2018". chelseafc.com. 30 August 2013.
- "OFFICIAL: Chelsea’s Chalobah Signs". Watford F.C. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "MATCH REPORT: Watford 0–1 Brighton". Watford F.C. 18 September 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "Goal of the day: Nathaniel Chalobah (Watford) vs Leicester". inside World Soccer. 27 April 2013.
- "Chalobah loaned to Forest". chelseafc.com. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- . Nottingham Forest http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/chalobah-a-tremendous-talent-1066388.aspx. Retrieved 21 September 2013. Missing or empty
- "Boro Sign Nathaniel". Middlesbrough FC. 16 January 2014.
- NATHANIEL CHALOBAH, thefa.com, accessed 18 September 2012
- , thefa.com, accessed 8 November 2012
- , thefa.com, accessed 13 November 2012
- "Nathaniel Chalobah". FA.com. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "News Magazine of Bishop Thomas Grant School". Bishop Thomas Grant School. 1 March 2013.
- Nathaniel Chalobah career stats at Soccerbase