National Association of Home Builders
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
|Purpose||Representation of the housing industry|
Chief Executive Officer
|Gerald M. Howard|
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., NAHB's mission is "to enhance the climate for housing and the building industry. Chief among NAHB's goals is providing and expanding opportunities for all consumers to have safe, decent and affordable housing."
Founded in 1942, NAHB is a federation of more than 800 state and local associations. About one-third of NAHB’s more than 140,000 members are home builders or remodelers. The remaining members are associates working in closely related fields within the housing industry such as mortgage finance and building products and services.
NAHB's various groups analyze policy issues, take the industry's story to the public through the media and other outlets, monitor and work toward improving the housing finance system, analyze and forecast economic and consumer trends, and educate, train and disseminate information to members. NAHB represents the industry's interests on Capitol Hill. NAHB also works with federal agencies on regulations affecting the housing industry in areas such as mortgage finance, codes, energy and the environment. It maintains the NAHB Research Center.
NAHB organizes one of the largest conventions in North America, the International Builders' Show. It is the largest show of its kind for the residential and light commercial construction industry.
Each year, NAHB members build approximately 80% of new homes constructed in the United States.
NAHB Education provides myriad collaborative, dynamic professional development opportunities for all individuals associated with the residential building industry. From basic frameworks or complete concepts of industry topics, opportunities are available in a number of formats from in-person events that allow for hands-on learning to virtual events for those with time constraints. NAHB also offers professional designations to individuals who can help home owners and buyers realize their home-ownership goals.
The National Association of Home Builders publishes a variety of print and online publications of interest to and about the housing industry for both NAHB members and non-members, including Eye on the Economy, Monday Morning Briefing and Washington Update.
- Best in American Living awards
- Building Industry Association of Southern California, Orange County Chapter
- Kent W. Colton
- Stephen Melman, Director of Economic Services
- "Washington's Largest Associations". Washington Business Journal (American City Business Journals). 2011-10-28. Retrieved 2014-07-27.
- http://www.nahb.org/page.aspx/generic/sectionID=89, February 18, 2011
- "About IBS". www.buildersshow.com. 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- Drinkard, Jim (2005-01-17). "Donors get good seats, great access this week". USA Today. Retrieved 2008-05-25.
- "Financing the inauguration". USA Today. 2005-01-16. Retrieved 2008-05-25.
- "Some question inaugural's multi-million price tag". USA Today. 2005-01-14. Retrieved 2008-05-25.