Night Flight (Justin Hayward album)
|Studio album by Justin Hayward|
|Released||June 13, 1980|
|Genre||Rock and roll|
52:57 (UK reissue)
|Justin Hayward chronology|
The album came about as a result of Hayward's involvement in Jeff Wayne's musical adaptation of War of the Worlds. Wayne produced and arranged the album, which proved to be one of the lengthiest recording experiences of Hayward's career. The music was mostly pop and dance oriented, and most of the tracks were romantic love songs. It was not a favourite with Moody Blues fans, and was not a commercial success.
The title track was the last to be recorded for the album.
In April 2004, the album was remastered and released on CD with two extra tracks.
- "Night Flight" (Jeff Wayne, Paul Vigrass) - 5:24
- "Maybe It's Just Love" (Mike Silver) - 4:49
- "Crazy Lovers" (Justin Hayward) - 5:31
- "Penumbra Moon" (Billy Nicholls) - 4:12
- "Nearer to You" (Justin Hayward) - 3:42
- "A Face in the Crowd" (Justin Hayward) - 4:01
- "Suitcase" (Justin Hayward) - 3:37
- "I'm Sorry" (Daryl Hall, John Oates, copyright 1972) - 3:11
- "It's Not On" (Jeff Wayne, Gary Osborne) - 4:10
- "Bedtime Stories" (Colin Still) - 5:45
2004 Expanded Edition Tracks (UK)
- "Bedtimes Stories (single version)" (Colin Still) - 4:09
- "Forever Autumn (Live)" (Wayne, Virgrass, Osborne) - 4:26
- Justin Hayward: vocals and guitars; bass and drums on "Suitcase"
- Jeff Wayne: production, arrangements, conducting; piano on "Night Flight"
- Jo Partridge: guitars
- Ken Freeman: keyboards
- Herbie Flowers: bass
- Barry de Souza: drums
- Roy Jones: percussion
- Tony Carr: percussion
- Doreen Chanter: female vocals on "Bedtime Stories" and "Nearer To You"
- Irene Chanter: female vocals on "Bedtime Stories" and "Nearer To You"
- Dave Holland: drums on one track (possibly "Crazy Lovers"; the liner note information is unclear)
|1980||UK Albums Chart||41|