|Elevation||4,600 ft (1,400 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Ntungamo is located about 66 kilometres (41 mi), by road, southwest of the town of Mbarara, the largest metropolitan area in the sub-region, on the highway between Mbarara and Kabale. This location lies approximately 360 kilometres (220 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the town are:0°52'55.0"S, 30°15'55.0"E (Latitude:-0.881944; Longitude:30.265278).
Ntungamo is a growing town, located on the Mbarara-Kale Highway. A tarmacked road branches off at Ntungamo to lead to Rukungiri. The town, as of November 2013, was still grappling with rapid growth, sanitation and water supply issues.
The 2002 national census put the population of the town at 13,320. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 16,100. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Ntungamo at 16,400. The next Uganda national population census is planned for August 2014.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or near the town borders:
- The headquarters of Ntungamo District Administration
- The offices of Ntungamo Town Council
- A branch of Centenary Bank
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- A branch of PostBank Uganda
- A branch of Uganda Finance Trust Limited - A Tier III Financial Institution
- Ntungamo Central Market
- Karegyeya Rock Shelter
- The Mbarara-Kabale Highway - The highway continues to Gatuna and Kigali in the Republic of Rwanda
- Itojo Hospital - A public 120-bed hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health, located 22 kilometres (14 mi), northeast of Ntungamo, on the Kabale-Mbarara Road.
- The Ntungamo-Rukungiri Road - The all-tarmac road, starts here and ends in Rukungiri, 50 kilometres (31 mi), to the northwest.
- "Distance Between Mbarara And Ntungamo With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Ntungamo With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Ntungamo At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- Ssenkaaba, Stephen (8 November 2013). "Ntungamo’s Growth Blind to Hygiene". New Vision. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Ntungamo In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- Ninsiima, Racheal (14 July 2013). "Uganda Census Planned for 2014". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Ntungamo And Rukungiri With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 8 June 2014.