Old Almaden Winery
|Old Almaden Winery|
The original building of Almaden winery
|Location||Near 1530 Blossom Hill Rd, San Jose, California|
|Official name: Almaden Vineyards|
|Designated||July 31, 1953|
The Old Almaden Winery is an historic wine production site in Santa Clara County, California situated on the eastern slopes of the Santa Cruz Mountains. The winery is no longer in operation, the Almaden Vineyards company moved to Madera, California, and the vestigial remains of the property have been made into a public park; much of the prior winery grounds have also been converted to single family residential uses, following a series of environmental planning studies. Established in 1852, the Old Almaden Winery was the oldest winery in California, and the site is designated as a California Historical Landmark.
- Wahler Associates, Investigation of Soil Pesticide Contamination at the Old Almaden Winery, San Jose, California , December 8, 1989
- Earth Metrics Inc, Old Almaden Winery, San Jose, file reference 10453, January 10, 1990
- Santa Clara County, California, Heritage tree resolution HT-10-013, pertaining to 1891 Blossom Hill Road (2004)
- Encyclopedia of Consumer Brands: Consumable Products , 681 pages, published by the Gale Group, Business & Economics, p 8 (1993)
- "Almaden Winery". Office of Historic Preservation, California State Parks. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- Wahler, 1989
- Earth Metrics, 1990
- Encyclopedia, 1993
- Santa Clara County, 2004