Torsten Olof "Olle" Fredrik Schmidt (born July 22, 1949 in Axvall, Västra Götaland County) is a Swedish politician. He has served as a Member of the European Parliament for the Swedish Liberal People's Party, part of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe, between 1999 and 2004, and again since 2006.
He sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs. He is also a member of the Temporary Committee on the alleged use of European countries by the CIA for the transport and illegal detention of prisoners and a member of the delegation for relations with Croatia.
- Public relations officer, Scan Väst (Uddevalla shipyard, 1973, 1974–1977).
- Local secretary for the Liberal People's Party in Malmö (1977–1981).
- Press and information officer, Ministry of Trade (1981–1982).
- Leader-writer/current-affairs commentator (Gothenburg, 1984–1985).
- Project officer (Malmö, 1989–1991); project leader (Kristianstad/Malmö, 1998–1999)
- Member of the Liberal People's Party executive (1995–1999).
- Local government affairs adviser (1983–1985) and policy adviser (1986–1988) in Malmö; substitute member of Malmö city executive board (1988–1991); leader of Malmö city council (1988–1997); various local government assignments (1986–1997).
- Member of the Riksdag (1991–1994). Substitute member of the Financial Affairs Committee and Housing Committee (1991–1994).
- Conducted various inquiries and studies in Malmö (1995–1998) and for central government (1989–1999).
- Official website of Olle Schmidt: www.folkpartiet.se/schmidt (Swedish)
- European Parliament biography of Olle Schmidt (incl. Speeches, Questions and Motions)
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (Swedish)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Sweden Liberal People's Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|