Oregon Department of Human Services
|Oregon Department of Human Services|
|Jurisdiction||U.S. state of Oregon|
|Annual budget||$10.8 billion (2007-2009)|
|Agency executive||Bruce Goldberg, Director|
|Child agencies||Administrative Services Division
Addictions and Mental Health Division
Children, Adults, and Families Division
Division of Medical Assistance Programs
Public Health Division
Seniors and People with Disabilities Division
The Oregon Department of Human Services (or ODHS) is the primary health and human services agency of the government of the U.S. state of Oregon. The ODHS was established in 1971 as the Oregon Department of Human Resources but renamed in 1999. Primary functions of the agency include providing public assistance programs, administering the Oregon Health Plan, providing addiction and vocational rehabilitation services, and managing services for seniors and people with disabilities. It contracts with county governments and other providers for some mental health and public health services. In addition, it operates the Oregon State Hospital, a psychiatric facility in Salem and the Oregon State Public Health Laboratory in Hillsboro.
- "Department of Human Services: Agency History". Oregon Blue Book. 2003.
- "Contact Us".
- "Fact Sheets".
- "DHS 2009-2011 Governor's Recommended Budget".; This value is computed from the Economic Driver section, which states that 65% of the budget is composed of $7 billion in federal funds.
- "DHS Structure - Director's Office".
- Meyers, Sean (November 16, 2007). "New state laboratory tests rehabilitation techniques". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- "Department of Human Services - Present Duties and Responsibilities". Oregon Blue Book (Online). Salem, Oregon: Oregon Secretary of State. 2012. Retrieved 2014-2-20.
- "Reporter Tools". Department of Human Services (Official website). Salem, Oregon: Oregon Department of Human Services. 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-19.
|This Oregon government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|