|Years active||2005/2008 – present|
|Past members||Melissa Veras
Papercutz (stylized as :papercutz or :PAPERCUTZ) is a Portuguese Electronic music act formed as a side project in 2005  in Porto and became a fully active band in 2008. Bruno Miguel is the only official member of Papercutz and solely responsible for its musical direction. After recordings, Bruno assembles a live band to perform with him which may include musicians used on studio recordings. Past musicians have included vocalists Melissa Veras, a US singer with Portuguese ascendancy born in NY  and Portuguese Marisa Pinto, Marcela Freitas as well as instrumentalists Bruno Ribeiro, Tiago Morgado and Francisco Bernardo, among others.
Annie Nightingale stated them has having an 'interesting and making an original sound'  as one of the juries on the UK The People's Music Awards in 2009 where the group performed live and won the off the beaten track category. The same year the debut album Lylac was released on Canadian independent record label Apegenine recordings whose artist roster featured artists such as Montreal's own David Kristian or Khonnor and the single Ultravioleta rmx's included remixes by Riz Maslen(aka Neotropic) and the first ever release by now known The Sight Below just before his signing to Ghostly International. The album was well received by the press and music community and featured in such publications as Textura, Cuemix-magazine, Tokafi, Cylic Defrost, Subba-cultcha Organ Mag with The Silent Ballet calling the album a promising start to what ought to be a brilliant career' and Record Collector comparing Bruno's precision work to that of Four Tet.
The group toured in 2009 and 2010 promoting their debut album throughout Europe and U.S. with showcases on festivals such as SXSW and Exit Festival and signed to UK Audiobulb Records a new remix album Do outro lado do espelho (Lylac ambient reworks) spawned out of Lylac's textures with Drowned in Sound calling the album 'notably coherent and engaging' unlike other remix records featuring relevant ambient music artists like Taylor Deupree, Keith Kenniff, ex-member of UK ‘shoegaze’ icons Slowdive and Lowgold drummer Simon Scott among many others that Bruno personally invited to work on his music.
By end of 2011 news, came out that the band was working on a new still untitled album. Their new songs made an early debut at the 2012 edition of South by Southwest where it was noted the band had been working with producer Chris Coady in New York. and were showcasing their new single "Rivers" which presented the band in a beat-heavy, darkened version of their leftfield dream pop.
The new album "The Blur Between Us" was released on 10 July 2012 and sees the band growing music wise with a push toward more eclectic sounds  and personally with Miguel writing and dealing lyrically with feelings of loss for the first time in his adult years.
Early 2013, Miguel was selected as a participant Red Bull Music Academy that brought him back to New York where the band played new shows and took a couple of months of to record new material for an upcoming EP.
- :PAPERCUTZ – The Blur Between Us (Extended Japanese Edition) Kilk Records – 2013
- :PAPERCUTZ – The Blur Between Us – Sounds Of A Playground/Rastilho Records – 2012
- :PAPERCUTZ – Do outro lado do espelho (Lylac ambient reworks) – Audiobulb Records – 2010
- :PAPERCUTZ – Lylac – 2008 – Apegenine recordings
- :PAPERCUTZ – Ultravioleta rmx's – 2008 – Apegenine recordings
- :PAPERCUTZ - Rivers MTV Iggy (2013)
- :PAPERCUTZ - Where Beasts Die IMVDb (2013)
- :PAPERCUTZ - Lylac (Helios remix) MTV (2010)
|2009||:papercutz||TPMA "Off the beaten track" category||Won|
|:papercutz||Vodafone/MySpace Portugal The Ones to Watch||Won|
|2010||"A secret search"||International Songwriting Competition (Dance/Electronica)||Won|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (December 2013)|
- :PAPERCUTZ Textura Interview
- :PAPERCUTZ Enchufada
- :PAPERCUTZ Tokafi Interview
- :PAPERCUTZ featuring Melissa Veras
- :PAPERCUTZ TPMA Info
- TPMA Winners 2009
- :papercutz – Ultravioleta Rmx’s (Apegenine) « Headphone Commute. Reviews.headphonecommute.com. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- Textura Review. textura. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- // Cuemix Magazine //. // Cuemix Magazine //. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- CD Feature/ :papercutz: "Lylac" | Album of the Month Apegenine Records CD feature. Tokafi.com. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- papercutz – Lylac (Apegenine). Cyclic Defrost (11 February 2009). Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- :Papercutz – Lylac. Subba-cultcha.com. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- Organ Magazine On Line: Contact & Switch The Other. Organart.demon.co.uk (6 September 2009). Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- Entire List of Reviews. Thesilentballet.com. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- Record Collector | Papercutz – Do Outro Lado Do Espelho (Lylac Ambient Reworks) | Album Review. Recordcollectormag.com. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- Papercutz Interview: SXSW 2010. Spinner (15 March 2010). Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- Faith No More, Klaxons & More Join Exit Festival | News | Clickmusic | Online Music News, Downloads, Videos & More. Clickmusic. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- Marshall, Joe. (1 June 2010) Articulate Silences, Ambient Sounds No. 4 / In Depth // Drowned In Sound. Drownedinsound.com. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- Bryan, Beverly. (25 July 2011) :PAPERCUTZ’s Ambient Pop Adventure. Mtv Iggy. Retrieved on 25 October 2011.
- :PAPERCUTZ band info at SXSW 2012. sxsw.com/music (1 March 2012)
- NEW: :PAPERCUTZ – "Rivers" / SXSW 2012
- Bryan, Beverly. (7 March 2011) :Papercutz Rivers Track Review
- O'Brien, Molly. (10 July 2012) Prefix Mag - :PAPERCUTZ new album out tomorrow called The Blur Between Us
- Fife, Taylor. (7 July 2012) XLR8R - :papercutz Chris Coady
- Cooper, Duncan. (25 July 2012) The Fader - Papercutz’ Album The Blur Between Us