|Scottish Gaelic: Ceann nam Buailtean|
A view across a field to the Parkend Industrial Estate
Parkend shown within the Outer Hebrides
|OS grid reference|
|Council area||Outer Hebrides|
|Lieutenancy area||Western Isles|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|UK Parliament||Na h-Eileanan an Iar|
|Scottish Parliament||Western Isles|
Parkend (Scottish Gaelic: Ceann nam Buailtean) is a hamlet near Stornoway, on the island of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. Parkend is within the parish of Stornoway. Parkend is situated on the A866, and the adjoining Holm Road allows access to the nearby Holm Village. The Parkend Industrial Estate is adjacent to the small housing estate.
- "Overview of Parkend". Scottish Places. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Lewis, RAF Stornoway Airfield, Domestic Site". Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "THE EDINBURGH GAZETTE 20 MARCH 1992" (PDF). The Gazette. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Area Information for Parkend Industrial Estate, Sandwick, Isle Of Lewis, Scotland, HS2 0AN". Streetcheck. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Parkend - near Stornoway". Flickr. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Parkend, Lewis.|
Find more about
Isle of Lewis
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Definitions from Wiktionary|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Media from Commons|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|
- Visitor's guide for the Island of Lewis
- Website of the Western Isles Council with links to other resources
- Disabled access to Lewis for residents and visitors
- 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article on Lewis and Harris
- A Guide to living in the Outer Hebrides, with most information pertaining to Lewis
|This article about a location in the Western Isles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|