Patricia Crowther (born 14 October 1927) is considered influential in the early promotion of the Wiccan religion. She was born in Sheffield as Patricia Dawson.
She was initiated into Wicca by Gerald Gardner in 1960 and is considered one of the "early mothers" of this religion, like Doreen Valiente, Lois Bourne, and Eleanor Bone.
Patricia and her then-husband, Arnold Crowther (1909-1974) became the High Priestess and High Priest of the Sheffield Coven which they founded in 1961.
Patricia Crowther has promoted Wicca through several media; besides several book publications she has contributed to occult magazines and journals and been interviewed by local and national newspapers. She has also appeared several times on television. In 1971 Patricia and Arnold Crowther wrote and presented A Spell of Witchcraft, which was produced and broadcast by BBC Radio Sheffield in six twenty-minute programs. The radio program, the first of its kind in relation to the Wiccan religion, explored history and folklore regarding witchcraft and presented elements of a local coven's activities and practices to a local community.
- 1965 - The Witches Speak (with Arnold Crowther)(Athol Publications)
- 1973 - Witchcraft in Yorkshire (Dalesman) ISBN 0-85206-178-1
- 1974 - Witch Blood (The Diary of a Witch High Priestess) (House of Collectibles) ISBN 0-87637-161-6
- 1981 - Lid off the Cauldron: A handbook for witches (Muller) ISBN 0-584-10421-9
- 1992 - The Zodiac Experience (Samuel Weiser Inc) ISBN 0-87728-739-2
- 1992 - The Secrets of Ancient Witchcraft With the Witches' Tarot (Carol Publishing) ISBN 0-8065-1056-0
- 1992 - Witches Were for Hanging (Excalibur Press of London) ISBN 1-85634-049
- 1998 - One Witch's World (Robert Hale) ISBN 0-7090-6222-2 (published in America under the title High Priestess. Apart from the title, they are the same book) (Phoenix Publishing) ISBN 0-919345-87-5
- 2002 - From Stagecraft to Witchcraft: The Early years of a High Priestess(Capall Bann) ISBN 1-86163-163-4
- 2009 - "Covensense" (Robert Hale)ISBN 9780709087205
External links