Steam header for Peggle Nights
|Engine||PopCap Games Framework|
|Mode(s)||Single-player / Multiplayer|
Peggle Nights is a Windows, Mac OS X and Microsoft Xbox Live Arcade downloadable game from PopCap Games. It is the sequel to 2007's Peggle. It is also unlockable in Peggle: Dual Shot for the Nintendo DS. However, in Peggle Dual Shot, Marina is not unlockable. The gameplay between the two games has remained largely unchanged, with each featuring a colorful 2D background filled with different colored "pegs". The objective in each level is to clear all of the orange pegs by hitting them with a ball shot from the top of the screen. New to this version are 60 new levels, 60 additional challenges, the introduction of the new Peggle Master Marina the Electric Squid, and the addition of an "Aced" score for each level. As of January 2010, three expansions have been released: a holiday theme, a spring theme and a pack with fan-art-based levels. Both come with extra adventure levels and challenges.
Gameplay for Peggle Nights has remained nigh on the same as the original game, although additional types of style shots (such as off the wall) have been added. As its opening theme, the game uses the classical piece "Clair de lune", the third movement from the piano suite Suite bergamasque by Claude Debussy.
- Faylor, Chris (2009-08-26). "Peggle XBLA Getting 'Nights' Expansion". Shacknews. Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- "PopCap Launches Peggle Nights for PC" (Press release). PopCap Games. 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2008-09-21.
- "Bonus Levels". PopCap Games. Retrieved 2009-05-25.
- Gamespy Article
- "Peggle Nights comes to the iPhone as in-app purchase". Gamezebo. 2010-10-04. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- Peggle Nights at PopCap Games