Plumen is a designer low energy lighting company based in London, UK. The Plumen 001, their debut product, is a designer low energy compact fluorescent light that received critical acclaim and received some of the world's most coveted design awards after its launch in 2010. The design of the Plumen 001 lightbulb is result of collaboration between the Hulger team and designer Samuel Wilkinson. The Plumen 001 has been added to MOMA permanent design collection  and has won Brit Insurance Design Awards 2011.
The Plumen 001 bulb launched in September 2010 and was joined by the Plumen 002 that was launched on Kickstarter in January 2014. Plumen also produces accessories and shades to be used with their unique efficient light bulb designs, establishing Plumen as an efficient designer lighting brand that sells in over 75 countries worldwide.
The company was founded by Nicolas Roope, Michael-George Hemus and Ronnie Renton
The Plumen 001 is a compact fluorescent light which uses only 11 Watt to emit up to 680 Lumen with colour temperature 2700k (warm white light). The Plumen 002 is a compact fluorescent light which uses only 6 Watt to emit up to 240 Lumen with colour temperature 2400k (warm white light).
Awards and collections
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) Permanent design collection
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum Permanent design collection
- Victoria and Albert Museum Permanent collection
- MoMA Design and The Elastic Mind exhibition 2008
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- Helsinki Design Museum
- Brit Insurance Design Awards Design of the Year Winner 2011
- D&AD Black Pencil 2011
- Homes & Gardens 'Eco Product of the Year' 2011
- Smarta Award 'Innovation' 2011
- GQ Best Stuff of The Year 2011
- Elle Deco Best Sustainable Design Award 2014 (Plumen 002)
- GQ Best Stuff of The Year 2014 - Plumen 002 (China addition)
- Official website
- Brit Insurance Award 2011
- MOMA permanent collection page
- Fast Company (magazine) coverage