|Area served||Northwest England|
|Products||Pies and Puddings|
Pooles of Wigan Ltd is a manufacturer of pies and puddings based in Wigan, Greater Manchester, England. Distributed in Northwest England, its 300,000 square feet (28,000 m2) plant that can make up to 100,000 pies and pastries an hour.
Founded by Margaret Poole in 1847, it was later bought by Dave Whelan, the owner of JJB Sports and chairman of Wigan Athletic F.C. In March 2012 Whelan sold the company to former Holland's Pies Managing Director, Neil Court-Johnston. who was also a former Director of Peter's Food Services in South Wales. Poole's Pies became part of Country Style Foods in 2013.
Sale at football grounds
- "JJB Sports' Whelan cools off on pies as he sells Pooles of Wigan to ex-rival". London: The Independent. Retrieved 22 October 2012.[dead link]
- "Pasty tax: JJB Sports founder Dave Whelan sells Pooles Pies for £5m". London: The Telegraph. 30 March 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- "Former Holland's Pies MD acquires Pooles of Wigan from JJB Sports' Dave Whelan". Manchester Evening News.
- "http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/companies/pooles-pies-sold-to-leeds-bakery-country-style-foods/348556.article". The Grocer. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Doncaster Rovers make a Premier League signing!". Doncaster Free Press. Retrieved 24 October 2012.