Preeti Shenoy is an Indian author. Listed among the Forbes List of the 100 most influential celebrities of India (2013 edition ), Shenoy has varied interests ranging from photography and yoga to sociology. After a brief stay in the UK, Shenoy, who is married and a mother to two children, currently resides in Bangalore. Her latest book, The One You Cannot Have (published by Westland Ltd) released in November and has been gathering enthusiastic, positive reviews from readers.
During her school years, Preeti studied in Kendriya Vidyalayas all over India, due to her father's constant job transfers, and this contact with different cultures and languages may have had an influence in her later interest for Sociology. She started developing her writing skills since an early age, but only considered becoming a professional writer after she created herself a blog in October 2006. The number of page hits on her blog increased day by day, and many readers suggested that she should consider publishing her texts.
In 2008, she was invited to start contributing regularly to the newspaper Times of India. In the same year, she wrote articles for Reader's Digest "Joy", and had her articles republished in various other Indian newspapers and magazines. Encouraged by the favorable reception of her first publication, she began writing her first book, 34 Bubblegums and Candies, a collection of narratives based on real life incidents, some of which had been previously posted on her blog in a shorter form. It was launched in October 2008.
Daily News and Analysis has described her as a 'Keenly observant mind' and Times of India describes her writing as 'Excellent story telling skills'.
Her interests are as multifarious and diverse as her several academic degrees which include an internationally recognized qualification from UK in portraiture.
Her second book 'Life Is What You Make It' was among the top selling books of 2011 in India and her third book 'Tea For Two and a Piece of Cake' which released in February 2012 made it to the top five best-selling Indian fiction of 2012. Her fourth, 'The Secret Wish List' was released in October 2012.
Preeti Shenoy's fifth book, 'The One You Cannot Have' was released in November 2013.
She has also worked with under-privileged children teaching them English and Math. She has worked with several schools conducting workshops on thinking skills and creative crafts.
- 34 Bubblegums and Candies, a non-fiction title consisting of 34 narratives based on real life incidents. Srishti Publishers (2008).
- Life Is What You Make It, a full length fiction. Srishti Publishers (2011)
- Tea for Two and a Piece of Cake
- The Secret Wish List
- The One You Cannot Have
- Forbes India celebrity 100 long list
- Nielsen India Consumer Rankings, page 4: All India: Top Fiction; Preeti Shenoy in 6th
- Forbes India Celebrity 100 Nominees List for 2013 – Preeti Shenoy is among the 10 authors listed
- Sulekha.com launches Sulekha Book Series
- ISBN 81-88575-68-2, ISBN 978-81-88575-68-8
- Preeti Shenoy launches her 34 Bubblegums and Candies
- Daily happenings and real life drama unfold in Preeti Shenoy's debut collection of short stories
- Debutante author Preeti Shenoy comes up with her new book, one you can relate to
- The sweet life
- Refreshingly light book from Shenoy
- Life Is What You Make It – Book summary and reviews
- The Hindu article
- Inspired by love and real life
- Top 10 fiction books
- Forgive,Forget and Live
- Preeti's Secret Wishlist interview
- Of that never sinking ship
- Crossword top books of 2012
- Preeti Shenoy in the Forbes India celebruty 100 list
- Preeti Shenoy's website
- Preeti Shenoy's blog
- Book Preview of Preeti Shenoy's new book, The Secret Wish List
- Interview with Preeti Shenoy
- Life Is What You Make It – The Book
- 34 Bubblegums and Candies – The Book
- Tea For Two and a Piece of Cake
- An Interview with Preeti Shenoy, Author
- The One You Cannot Have – Flipkart