^ abNote on the following (maybe not yet so common) Trilogies: "Speaker Trilogy": Original set of sequels to Ender's Game, also referred to as:
- "Ender Quartet" (Ender's Game combined with "Speaker Trilogy"), also referred to as:
- "Ender Quintet"("Ender Quartet" combined with Ender in Exile). "Shadow Trilogy": Original set of sequels to Ender's Shadow, also referred to as:
- "Bean Quartet"/"Shadow Quartet" (Ender's Shadow combined with "Shadow Trilogy"), also referred to as:
- "Bean Quintet"/"Shadow Quintet" ("Bean Quartet" combined with Shadows in Flight), to be (?) referred to as:
- "Bean Sextet"/"Shadow Sextet" ("Bean Quintet" combined with Shadows Alive)
"Pretty Boy" is the story of Bonito "Bonzo" Madrid as a child. Bonito was born in Toledo, Spain and given a name that means "pretty boy". His father Amaro was a lawyer and Spanish patriot who adored his son. Because Bonito was very smart, the International Fleet came to test him when he was less than two years old. After that, Amaro took Bonito everywhere and gave him anything he wanted. As he grew older Bonito started to observe his family and discovered that they needed him to be happy so he decided not to go to Battle School. However while studying his parents to find out how to make them happier, he discovered that his father kept a second apartment in the city and told his mother. When he and his mother went to see his grandmother Bonito learned that his father was having an affair with another woman and had broken his mother's heart. Because Bonito did not want to be like his father, he changed his mind and went to Battle School.