Princess Maria Anna of Braganza
|Maria Anna of Braganza|
|Hereditary Princess of Thurn and Taxis|
|Spouse||Karl August, 10th Prince of Thurn and Taxis|
Johannes, 11th Prince of Thurn and Taxis
|House||House of Braganza
House of Thurn and Taxis
|Father||Miguel, Duke of Braganza|
|Mother||Princess Maria Theresa of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg|
3 September 1899|
Schloss Fischhorn, Zell am See, Salzburg, Austria–Hungary
|Died||23 June 1971
Feldafing, Bavaria, Germany
|Burial||Gruftkapelle, Saint Emmeram's Abbey, Regensburg|
Maria Ana Rafaela Micaela Gabriela Lourença of Braganza, Infanta of Portugal, full Portuguese name: Maria Ana Rafaela Micaela Gabriela Lourença de Bragança, Infanta de Portugal (3 September 1899 – 23 June 1971) was a member of the House of Braganza and an Infanta of Portugal by birth. Through her marriage to Karl August, Hereditary Prince of Thurn and Taxis, Maria Ana was a member of the princely House of Thurn and Taxis.
Maria Anna was born at Schloss Fischhorn in Zell am See, Salzburg, Austria–Hungary, the daughter of Miguel, Duke of Braganza and his wife Princess Maria Theresa of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg. Her father was the Miguelist claimant to the throne of Portugal from 1866 to 1920.
Marriage and issue
Maria Anna married Prince Karl August of Thurn and Taxis, third eldest son of Albert, 8th Prince of Thurn and Taxis and his wife Archduchess Margarethe Klementine of Austria, on 18 August 1921 at Schloss Taxis in Dischingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Maria Anna and Karl August had four children:
Princess Maria Anna of Thurn and Taxis
|Reference style||Her Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
- Princess Clotilde of Thurn and Taxis (born 30 November 1922- 1 September 2009)
- Princess Mafalda of Thurn and Taxis (born 6 March 1924 - 24 July 1989)
- Johannes, 11th Prince of Thurn and Taxis (5 June 1926 – 28 December 1990)
- Prince Albert of Thurn and Taxis (23 January 1930 – 4 February 1935)
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 3 September 1899 – 18 August 1921: Her Royal Highness Princess Maria Anna of Braganza, Infanta of Portugal
- 18 August 1921 – 23 June 1971: Her Royal Highness Princess Maria Anna of Thurn and Taxis, Infanta of Portugal
- Darryl Lundy (5 Jun 2004). "Maria Anna Rafaela de Bragança, Infanta de Portugal". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Paul Theroff. "PORTUGAL". Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site. Retrieved 2009-06-14.