Pro Wrestling Report
||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (January 2011)|
|Home station||540 ESPN|
|TV adaptations||My 24|
|Host(s)||(see this section for hosts)|
|Recording studio||Milwaukee, WI|
|Air dates||since March 18, 1998|
The Pro Wrestling Report is a weekly sports talk radio/television program, first broadcast on March 18, 1998. PWR is produced by Dameon Nelson. PWR primarily covers the three largest professional wrestling promotions in the United States: WWE, Ring of Honor and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. The PWR show is currently a weekly ESPN radio show and a weekly television show on the My 24 channel. The show is based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The first broadcast of the Pro Wrestling Report took place on March 18, 1998. The show was originally a 30 minute call-in show but was changed to an hour long pre-taped show in 1999. PWR later aired on Time Warner cable after airings of WWE Smackdown. In June 2008 PWR began broadcasting a two hour radio show on 540 ESPN while streaming shows internationally online. In 2006 PWR began uploading episodes to YouTube, in 2012 PWR celebrated 10 million YouTube views with an hour long special. PWR began broadcasting weekly television shows on My 24 in September 2011. PWR currently has three weekly radio programs; Monday Night Meltdown after WWE Raw, Sudden Impact Radio after TNA Impact Wrestling, and The Post Show after pay-per-view events; and two television programs on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.
PWR gives annual awards and recognitions at the end of each year to wrestlers whose achievement is noteworthy. Co-host Dave Herro also names a Star of the Week on every Saturday night TV broadcast. The PWR Lifetime Achievement Award was introduced in 2009 when Bobby Heenan was recognized for the award. PWR has awarded a prolific wrestling personality every year since with Demolition (Ax and Smash), Gene Okerlund, and Kevin Nash being given the honor in subsequent years. In 2013 PWR announced the creation of the PWR Hall of Fame, with King Kong Bundy being the inaugural inductee.
Dameon Nelson - Dameon Nelson is the host, creator and executive producer of the Pro Wrestling Report. Nelson was born in Milwaukee in 1976 and has remained there the majority of his life. Dameon graduated from Greenfield High School in 1994. Following high school Dameon went to college for television and video production, marketing and advertising. Dameon launched the Pro Wrestling Report on March 18, 1998 and the show has been on the air ever since. Dameon has made media appearances on various major television networks and is employed by a major entertainment company along with his PWR duties. In 2011 he made his in-ring debut at Blizzard Brawl 7 in a losing effort to Kevin Thorn.
David Herro - David Herro has been a friend of the show since its inception in 1998. Herro is the founder and promoter of Great Lakes Championship Wrestling and is responsible for the annual Blizzard Brawl event. Herro is known for his Be the Booker segment in which he books WWE and TNA pay-per-view events as he thinks they should be booked. Herro's induction into the POWW Hall of Fame in 2010 is alluded to by Dameon Nelson in nearly every episode.
Frank "The Coz" Cossentino - Frank Cossentino has been a member of the PWR team since 1999. He joined the team after co-hosting and doing play by play commentary with Dameon Nelson. Frank is described as the level headed, elder statesman of the show and is also the resident wrestling historian. He was formerly responsible for delivering news coverage. Cossentino currently makes sporadic appearances on the show as he is mostly dedicating his time to hosting a Fantasy Football show on ESPN Radio.
- "PWR PrimeTime Debuts Saturday on my24 Milwaukee!". Pro Wrestling Report. YouTube. 23 September 2011.
- Martin, Adam (30 June 2008). "Kofi Kingston error, WWE in Macon, Marty Jannetty, PWR & ESPN Radion". Wrestleview. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Bobby Heenan to get Lifetime Award". Wrestleview. 27 November 2009.
- "Pro Wrestling Report 10 Million Views Celebration". Pro Wrestling Report. YouTube. 15 August 2012. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- Johnson, Mike (31 January 2013). "DEMOLITION NAMED FOR HALL OF FAME...AND NOT WWE'S". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "King Kong Bundy Announced for Hall of Fame in New York". Pro Wrestling Report. 14 January 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Up Close with Dameon Nelson". Pro Wrestling Report. YouTube. 29 January 2006. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- "Dameon Nelson bio". pwrshow.com.
- "Dameon Nelson vs Kevin Thorne". Pro Wrestling Report.
- "The Dave Herro Profile". Pro Wrestling Report. YouTube. 22 September 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Sharkey, Jeff. "BLIZZARD BRAWL CELEBRATES THE BRAIN". GLCW.
- "David Herro bio". pwrshow.com.
- "POWW Entertainment Hall of Fame".
- "Frank Cossentino bio". pwrshow.com.
- "Fantasy Sports Weekly 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.".
- "Frank Cossentino". ESPN Wisconsin.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Pro Wrestling Report|