From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Progressive, progressive, progressively, progressiveness, or unprogressively in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Progressive is an adjectival form of progress and may refer to:
- "Progressive" (song), a single composition between two-to-sixteen minutes with chord structures, time signatures, modulations and intricate movement
- Progressive music (disambiguation), a number of similarly-named musical genres characterized as more advanced and complex than generally predictable pop or blues music. More tonal changes, colors, tempos, dynamics and variety of instruments and electronics are used. Some jazz, Avant-garde and Neoclassicism (music) could be considered more complex, but a wider spread of musical influences make their way into progressive music.
- Progressive rock (radio format), a radio station programming format with more freedom to play longer, more varied (from intricate to powerful) music.
- The Progressive, an American left-wing magazine
- Progressive Era, a period of reform in the United States (ca. 1890–1930)
- Progressive Party (disambiguation), any of several political parties
- Progressive realism, an American foreign policy paradigm focused on producing measurable results in pursuit of widely supported goals
- Progressive Talk Radio, radio, satellite, podcast, internet, Smartphone app (see TuneIn) and website broadcasts of talk radio hosts who research, expand upon and discuss progressive (see liberal) topics, viewpoints and news stories. Talk shows with a host that self-identifies as "independent" (see Norman Goldman) are nevertheless broadcast on stations that do identify as Progressive. The use of the word "independent" is a shift away from conservative activists who have employed "liberal" as an epithet, giving it an ominous or sinister connotation (see also Modern liberalism in the United States).
- Progressive tax, a type of tax rate structure
- Progressivism, a political philosophy
- Progressivism in the United States, the political philosophy in the American context
- Congressional Progressive Caucus, members within the Democratic Party in the United States Congress dedicated to the advancement of progressive issues and positions
- Progressive Corporation, a U.S. insurance company
- Progressive Enterprises, a New Zealand retail cooperative
- Progressive Adventism, a sect of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Progressive Christianity, a movement within contemporary Protestantism
- Progressive creationism, a form of Old Earth creationism
- Progressive Judaism, strands of Judaism that do not view halakha as normative
- Progressive revelation (Bahá'í), a core teaching of Bahá'í that suggests that religious truth is revealed by God progressively and cyclically over time
- Progressive revelation (Christianity), the concept that the sections of the Bible written later contain a fuller revelation of God
- Liberal movements within Islam, or "progressive Islam", a modern liberal interpretation of Islam
- Liberal religion, or "progressive religion", a religious tradition which embraces theological diversity
- Progressive Field (originally Jacobs Field), home of the Cleveland Indians
- Progressive disclosure, a technique used in human computer interaction
- Progressive scan, a form of video transmission
- Progressive aspect (also called continuous), a verb form that expresses incomplete action
- Progressive chess, a chess variant
- Progressive education, which emphasizes a hands-on approach to learning
- Progressive function, function in mathematics
- Progressive illness, an illness that gradually progresses
- Progressive jackpot, a jackpot where the value increases for every game played
- Progressive lens, a type of corrective eyeglass lenses
- Progressive shifting, technique for changing gears in trucks
- Progressive stamping, a metalworking technique
- Progress (disambiguation)
- Progression (disambiguation)
- Progressive Alliance (disambiguation)
- Progressive Party (disambiguation)
- Progressive Unionist (disambiguation)
- Progressivism (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing "Progressive"
- All pages beginning with "Progressive"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Progressive.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.