|Studio album by Misfits|
|Released||July 29, 2003|
|Genre||Punk rock, horror punk|
Project 1950 is a cover album from the horror punk band Misfits, released in 2003. The album contains covers of rock n roll songs, mostly from the 50s and 60s. This album was bassist Jerry Only's debut as The Misfits' lead singer. Except for Only, no members of the band from their previous album returned for Project 1950. The album cover artwork was done by PA artist Tony Squindo. The liner notes features explanations from the band members about why they chose each particular song.
The album received positive reviews. Allmusic gave it 3 stars out of 5 and said that, "it's good to hear their excitement in the recordings, which crackle with enthusiasm."
|1.||"This Magic Moment"||Doc Pomus, Mort Shuman||The Drifters||2:36|
|2.||"Dream Lover"||Bobby Darin||Bobby Darin||2:28|
|3.||"Diana"||Paul Anka||Paul Anka||2:09|
|4.||"Donna"||Ritchie Valens||Ritchie Valens||2:33|
|5.||"Great Balls of Fire"||Otis Blackwell, Jack Hammer||Jerry Lee Lewis||1:50|
|6.||"Latest Flame"||Pomus, Shuman||Elvis Presley||2:17|
|7.||"Monster Mash"||Bobby Pickett, Leonard L. Capizzi||Bobby (Boris) Pickett and the Crypt-Kickers||2:37|
|8.||"Only Make Believe"||Conway Twitty, Jack Nance||Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty||2:16|
|9.||"Runaway"||Del Shannon, Max Crook||Del Shannon||2:24|
|10.||"You Belong to Me"||Pee Wee King, Chilton Price, Redd Stewart||Jo Stafford||3:10|
- "This Magic Moment"
- "Dream Lover"
- Tracks 1-4, recorded at the Phillips US Open Snowboarding Championships
- Track 5, recorded live, at The World in NYC
- Day the Earth Caught Fire: Live in NYC- Misfits with Balzac
- The Haunting/Don't Open 'Till Doomsday: Live in Japan- Balzac with Misfits
- Day the Earth Caught Fire: Live in Japan- Balzac with Misfits
- The Haunting/Don't Open 'Till Doomsday- Balzac
- Out of the Blue- Balzac
- Jerry Only - bass, lead vocals
- Marky Ramone - drums, percussion
- Dez Cadena - guitars
- John Cafiero - background vocals on "Dream Lover", "Monster Mash" and "Runaway"
- Ronnie Spector - background vocals on "This Magic Moment" and "You Belong to Me"
- Jimmy Destri - keyboards on "Runaway" and "Great Balls of Fire"
- Ed Manion - saxophone on "Diana" and "Runaway"