The Municipal House
Location of Punkalaidun in Finland
|Sub-region||South western Pirkanmaa sub-region|
|• Municipal manager||Heidi Rämö|
|• Total||364.02 km2 (140.55 sq mi)|
|• Land||361.07 km2 (139.41 sq mi)|
|• Water||2.95 km2 (1.14 sq mi)|
|Area rank||258th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||242nd largest in Finland|
|• Density||8.95/km2 (23.2/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||97.7% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||13.5%|
|• 15 to 64||58.5%|
|• 65 or older||28%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.5%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Pirkanmaa region. The municipality has a population of 3,232 (31 January 2014) and covers an area of 364.02 square kilometres (140.55 sq mi) of which 2.95 km2 (1.14 sq mi) is water. The population density is 8.95 inhabitants per square kilometre (23.2 /sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Hakuni (Punkalaidun), Halkivaha, Hankuri, Haviokoski, Jalasjoki (Punkalaidun), Kannisto (Punkalaidun), Kanteenmaa, Kivisenoja, Kokkola (Punkalaidun), Koskioinen, Kostila, Kouvola (Punkalaidun), Liitsola, Moisio (Punkalaidun), Mäenpää, Oriniemi (Punkalaidun), Parrila, Sarkkila (Punkalaidun), Suttila (Punkalaidun), Pärnänmaa, Talala, Teikarla, Vanttila (Punkalaidun)
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Punkalaidun at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Punkalaidun – Official website (Finnish)
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|